PDA

View Full Version : Reel Repair....

Darian
11-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I must be living right.... Recently bought a used Redington, Brakewater fly reel that had a slightly bent spool plate, causing a rubbing sound and excessive wear on the frame/spool. After talking to bill, sent it to ARCHULETTA's REEL WORKS for repair. It came back completely repaired and looking like a new reel. All done for a reasonable price and completed in about a week and a half. \\:D/ \\:D/

Keep this business in mind for your own reel repair needs.... 8) 8)

koffler
11-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I second the nomination - Bill's done some work on a few of my reels and they always come back in very good shape. He does the work for a fair price as well.

koffler

Rick J
11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I sent in a 3 3/8 Perfect to Bill in pretty bad shape - he replaced all the guts and reconditioned it like new - I now have it on my Fisher 10' 7 that I had converted to a switch rod. Bill does great work for very reasonable prices!!!!!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Bill Archuleta does great fly reel repair and is quit famous for it too.

http://www.archuletasreelworks.com/

You can ship your reel directly to Bill Archuleta in Grants Pass, Oregon or you can just drop it off at our fly shop and we will send it for you.

**Be sure to insure your reel.

pgw
11-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Bill does great work, he has kept some of my reels functioning and repaired for many years. He does set what may be unreasonable conditions though...in 1989 he made me promise that I would never again try to fix my reels myself before I sent it to him...seems there was this Hardy Princess that seized up (hint: don't use one for fresh sockeye's) and I thought that I could release the spool from the spindle through the back of the reel...I took him what was now a Hardy brick (with extra problems caused by my ham-fisted repair attempts) and he returned a reel that functioned like new (but it had some "character" marks that I had added).

Send him any reel, any make, any vintage and he'll make it work.

Grants Pass isn't as convienient as Santa Rosa, but he's still the best.

Paul

Darian
11-10-2009, 09:43 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Been there, done that. :rolleyes:

David Lee
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I sent Bill a Pflueger 1495 that the original owner failed to mention he had used in saltwater ....

Smooth doesn't say enough ! His ability to tune a Medalist is beyond comprehending .....

David