PDA

View Full Version : Gristmill...

Charlie Gonzales
11-03-2009, 04:06 PM
... is reopened, and I guess has been for a couple of weeks. But now they closed the gravel access above Sunrise.

Good trade in my opinion.

Terry Thomas
11-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Since the river is closed to fishing in the Sunrise area, it's not a big lose now. Perhaps they will reopen it after the first of the year.
T.

nightgoat
11-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Excellent! \\:D/ \\:D/ I use Gristmill far more than Sunrise. Thanks for the update Charlie.

Joe

RonOtto
11-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks, Charlie. That's great news!
Keep us posted...

Ron

DFrink
11-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Does anyone know if there is a web site that lists what sections of the Lower AR are open / closed? Also, thanks for the heads up Charlie.

Darian
11-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Try:

www.co.sacramento.ca.us/

Check out Parks & Recreation. If the list is up, it will be there. :nod:

DFrink
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Darian,
Thanks. I guess I read this posting wrong, I thought the area was closed for fishing:oops:

Grampa Spey
11-04-2009, 05:21 PM
... is reopened, and I guess has been for a couple of weeks. But now they closed the gravel access above Sunrise.

I think they may have gotten a lot of complaints from those of us with the yearly passes.

RonOtto
11-04-2009, 06:54 PM
I called Sacramento County Parks for further info today and got this e-mail response:

"With the assistance of volunteers, including some boating clubs, the Gristill access to the American River will remain open through the winter. Staff will re-assess the situation and make a decision next year regarding the spring and summer months. I placed your pass number in the subject line in case additional information becomes available, then we can send you an update.

Thank you for supporting Sacramento County Parks"

In my e-mail and conversation I also suggested that substantial use by fisherfolks and their drift/motorized boats will occur during the Spring and Summer (so we need that gate to be open!).

They were really very courteous and helpful. We need to remind them how important the non-winter seasons are to quite a few users...before the stripers return. 916-875-6170, Sac Co Parks

Persistence.

Ron Otto

Grampa Spey
11-17-2009, 08:15 AM

I sent a thank you to:

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/parksandrecreation/parks/permits/park-certificate.html

Ed Wahl
11-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Grampa Spey, the American River Parkway is county. Here's the link I used.

http://www.msa2.saccounty.net/parks/Pages/ContactUs.aspx

Ed