PDA

View Full Version : Baja Video

Jay Murakoshi
11-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Just posted a short video on the trip we took a couple weeks ago. Not a lot of fishing shots due to the fact I was the only one in my boat that could use the GoPro camera. But it does have a few shots of the YFT and dorado. Video was taken with the old GoPro camera. I haven't received my shipment of the new 1080pHD cameras yet, maybe next week

I hope you will enjoy this short video

Thanks for watching

Jay

go to http://vimeo.com/7369914

Darian
11-01-2009, 10:10 AM
HA HA!!!! My fishin' partner's becoming a fishin' rock star. :nod: :lol: :lol: The video makes me wonder why we left. Lotsa good food. I'm busy trying to work off some of the accumulation.... :-&

Jay Murakoshi
11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
I've been working out in the gym and seeing that I can curl 70lbs easier than lifting and cranking on a 25lb tuna. One of these days I'll take a big enough rod to at least get one tired out - next October. Or maybe try my hand at a 40lb yellow tail in early May

I'll be posting a lot more video next year from Baja. I'll have the new 1080HD GoPro. Maybe a chest mounted one along with a helmet cam. I've also thinking of a few ways to mount one to the rod.

Jay

Darian
11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Hmmm,.... Mounting the camera to a rod would be interesting. How about using one of the plates that bolt above the grip to allow the rod to rest on the gunwale/railing of a boat/panga :?: :?: :?:

Been back in the gym everyday since I got back. Got a bunch of aches and pains. R-ball tonight. I'm fairly sure that strength training does translate into being able to survive an encounter with a Tuna on the fly. The key word being survive. After I landed my first, I was able to continue to fish for Dorado but found myself actually hoping I didn't hook a second Tuna right away (you didn't hear me admit that, tho :lol: ). It's just like Mem's says, they really own you on fly gear.... :nod:

Trying to catch up on some home improvement projects while my fishing partner is heading out for a week of Stripers in the Delta. Damn!!!!

Jay Murakoshi
11-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I've spent the day working on a rod mounting device for the camera. Not quite there yet.
Damn, I wish I could get in a couple days on the Delta for some top water. I thought about renting a skiff from Sugar Barge but I don't think they provide all the accessories that Chuck use to. Plus I'd like to find out the range those boats have. I wouldn't want to be rowing back at 5pm in the dark

Jay

Ming M
11-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Jay that an nice vid of some saltwater fly fishin n the SEA of Cortez.....MING