PDA

View Full Version : The Best Pizza

Tom Page
10-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Frank's Pizza Downtown Grass Valley you will never want any other pizza onceyou had it. Its on East Main St. ENJOY!!!

DFrink
11-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Have you had Old Town Pizza in Auburn? If so and you say this is better than I am there!

Ned Morris
11-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Ike's Lakeside Pizza in Vida, OR is one of the best Pizzas I have ever had outside San Francisco. Located on the McKenzie River. Was a welcomed spot after a day's fishing back in my college days.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Years ago we found Jobotsi's Pizza off Madison Avenue off hwy 80 north side of Sacramento.

I think they had two restaurants? They they sold it and it was not the same.

BobVP
11-23-2009, 10:31 AM
If you are headed over to the coast for steel this winter (if we get rain....) and are near Fort Bragg you can't beat Piaci's pizza.....but if they are too busy we also have Bernillo's, a very good second best, but completely different pizza.

Piaci's is on WEST Redwood and Bernillo's is East Redwood.

We also have a new bakery in town!

adammathewjones
11-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Peter Reinhart's Napoletana pizza dough recipe. It makes my all-time favorite pizza dough using a delayed-fermentation method.

Troutstalker55B
01-27-2010, 09:26 AM
If your in the Chester area or coming back from Eagle Lake, Buffalo Chip's Pizza and
Pub is a must stop. They have THE best gourmet pizza that I've ever had! You
can find them at 322 Birch st. Westwood, CA 530-256-2245

www.buffalochipspizza.com

JB

Tony Buzolich
04-20-2010, 07:22 AM
On the recommendation of this board my wife and I took a ride to Grass Valley to sample what is voted to be Nevada County's Best Pizza. We agree 100%. We got there right at 3:00PM as the shop opened, ordered one of the Frank's Specials, and had a couple of Amber Bock while we waited for our order to come up. When the pizza came to our table the first thing we noticed (besides being huge)was that it wasn't dripping in grease from the cheese and meat. Sauce and topping all the way to the edge of the crust, and not soggy.

We brought half of our order home and had it again last night, still not soggy or dried out. The best thing we noticed about this pizza was the lack of indigestion after we ate. This is a real first. No kidding:)

It's worth the drive if you like pizza,
TONY

Dean Y.
04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
The pizza at Frank's sounds delicious. I'm going to try it if I'm close to Grass Valley. Thanks for the info.

If you're ever in SoCal and you just happen to be in the area, Petrillo's Pizza in San Gabriel has the BEST pizza around. Better than anything I've been able to find in NorCal and equal to the best in Chicago, but different. Really good stuff. Piled with toppings and you get a lot for your $. Order their special if you happen by.

On the recommendation of this board my wife and I took a ride to Grass Valley to sample what is voted to be Nevada County's Best Pizza. We agree 100%. We got there right at 3:00PM as the shop opened, ordered one of the Frank's Specials, and had a couple of Amber Bock while we waited for our order to come up. When the pizza came to our table the first thing we noticed (besides being huge)was that it wasn't dripping in grease from the cheese and meat. Sauce and topping all the way to the edge of the crust, and not soggy.

We brought half of our order home and had it again last night, still not soggy or dried out. The best thing we noticed about this pizza was the lack of indigestion after we ate. This is a real first. No kidding:)

It's worth the drive if you like pizza,
TONY

CapitalFishr
05-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Franks sounds great... look forward to checking it out. Local to Sacramento area; I like Roma's pizzeria (3 locations in Sac) and Ciro's in Citrus Heights. Also Wenellis Pizza in Carmichael has to be on the list.