PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Tom McClintock on KFBK 1530 Regarding Water Diversion

OceanSunfish
10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
http://www.kfbk.com/pages/KFBKMorningNews.html

I guess it's par for the course these days that TV and Radio news media can blurt out propaganda as they see fit to meet their viewership or listeners.

The link above will provide you with today's radio interview with Rep. Tom McClintock on KFBK 1530 AM in Sacramento. He speaks about his take on the water diversions away from southern valley farms earlier this year. Keep in mind the pumps were turned back on July 1st, a fact that seems to have been forgotten or not realized. Left out were subsidies, the precondition of umemployment of that region even with water, and how about all the "fertile soil" rich in selenium.

IMO, it's just another shameful unresearched speech to meet his agenda. BTW, the 4th district is not even Fresno County?! Perhaps Rep. McClintock should find out how many of his constituents rely on the health and welfare of a healthy delta ecosystem.

Where's the future leadership in our country....... I know.... too busy playing online poker and getting rich by the age of 25.

David Lee
10-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Where's the future leadership in our country....... I know.... too busy playing online poker and getting rich by the age of 25.

Awwwww ......

The Youngsters didn't allow the mess to be created in the first place - WE did .

Looking to the under-30 (or whatever age) crowd for the 'cure' negates OUR responsibility for voting these bozos into office - hindsight sucks , usually .....

D.~

robdog
10-29-2009, 01:26 PM
today's radio interview with Rep. Tom McClintock on KFBK 1530 AM in Sacramento. He speaks about his take on the water diversions away from southern valley farms earlier this year. Keep in mind the pumps were turned back on July 1st, a fact that seems to have been forgotten or not realized.

Funny, the first thing he spoke about was turning the pumps on. He seems to think that the pumps are not turned on. I guess the reason why he making a stake in this issue, is that he is trying to increase his clout from his Political party. He is looking for people to back him as he goes for another position w/in California political structure.

OceanSunfish
10-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Funny, the first thing he spoke about was turning the pumps on. He seems to think that the pumps are not turned on. I guess the reason why he making a stake in this issue, is that he is trying to increase his clout from his Political party. He is looking for people to back him as he goes for another position w/in California political structure.

I agree with Mr. Lee in that the 4th District voted him office. Of course, he barely won by the slimmest of margins. Nonethless, as a constituent of the 4th district, I'm very disappointed that he doesn't believe that any of his constituents actually benefit from a clean healthy delta and SF Bay ecosystem.

Is it asking too much of our leaders to put aside party differences and actually read a book on the history of the very area they represent. Perhaps Mr. McClintock would understand what real fertile soil is and what is not.....

It's pretty darn scarry these days how little a person needs to know and still get elected. Per Mr. Lee, that is relfective of the actual constituents! Sad.