PDA

View Full Version : Recent Baum Lake Report?

michaeln
10-22-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm going to be heading up to Baum Lake for the Nov 13-15th weekend. Last time I was there was Labor Day weekend and I had a great time. But the weeds were pretty bad, especially since I was in a float tube.

In November I will be in a pram so the weeds won't be such an issue, but I am wondering if anyone here has been there very recently and has a report to share?

How are the weeds now? Is the action switching to midges yet?

JD
10-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Call Vaughn's in Burney (http://www.citlink.net/~vaughnfly/). They'll know current conditions.

michaeln
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Call Vaughn's in Burney (http://www.citlink.net/~vaughnfly/). They'll know current conditions.

Yeah, I have been in there, nice folks. I have a hearing problem that makes phone conversations problematic though, so I was hoping to read something, something more detailed than the weekly summary Vaughn's and The Fly Shop publish online.

Thanks though.

Rick J
10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
anyone been to Baum recently and know if the BWO's are coming off? I am likely heading up this weekend to visit Don and maybe fish Davis but thinking we might run over to Baum to check it out

michaeln
10-28-2009, 12:04 PM
As of 10/24, Vaughn's update page says: "Baum Lake/Cassel: BWO's are a good bet, as are sparse PMD's, midges, mahogany duns. Scuds are a good bet for nymphs. Crawlers and meal worms seem to be the bait of choice, while no reports on which lures are doing best. "

michaeln
11-02-2009, 05:39 AM
10/31 update from Vaughn's:

10/31/09 Fishing has continued to be good at Baum Lake and Cassel for quite a few fishermen, but also quite frustrating for others. Lure fishermen are having a hard time getting the trout to bite, while flyfishermen are doing well on small BWO's, PMD's, mahogany duns, all in size 18 and smaller.

michaeln
11-02-2009, 05:41 AM
anyone been to Baum recently and know if the BWO's are coming off? I am likely heading up this weekend to visit Don and maybe fish Davis but thinking we might run over to Baum to check it out

So, did you stop by Baum, Rick?