PDA

View Full Version : American River burglers caught claim your stolen/recovered items 10-20-09

STEELIES/26c3
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Saw this posted on another site.

I was hit last year twice but lost nothing of value. In case there are any folks here who did lose something worth recovering... it may be worth the trip and time...

"Last week, Placer County Sheriff’s Dept. made an arrest of several people in the Antelope area. They found it
to be a large burglary operation working in Northern California and have recovered a houseful of stolen
property. Several of the burglaries that have occurred on the American River Parkway have been tied to these
burglars and we have located some of our victim’s property. The Placer County Sheriff’s are trying to return
property back to as many owners/victims as they can. They are having a public showing of the property on
Tuesday, 20th of October at the Placer County Sheriff’s Department, starting at 2:00 pm.
Placer County Sheriff’s Department
2929 Richardson Dr.
Auburn, CA 95604.
Phone 530-889-7800
If you have been a victim of a car burglary in Sacramento from the last year, including the American River, we
encourage you to attend the public showing. There is a good possibility your property is there. If you have a
copy of a police or sheriff’s report, bring that with you to help identify your property. If you failed to make a
crime report of your car burglary on the river, but still want to see if you property is there, you may contact us
and we can generate a report.
We are hoping the capture of this ring will solve a majority of our burglaries along the river. If you have any
questions or need further information, please contact Sacramento County Park Rangers- 916-875-6672"

aaron
10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Good job, never thought I'd ever see this dealt with. A lot of similar incidents were taking place in the salmon falls area on the SFA so hopefully they can set up the same type of sting.

STEELIES/26c3
10-20-2009, 01:20 AM
BUMP so this gets read

speyfool
10-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Good news for a change. Thanks for posting.

Mike Stroud
10-20-2009, 10:14 PM
That is fantastic news!! What goes around, comes around!

BillB
10-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info Steelies. My first time for steelhead (newbe, new to this board too), great day fishing (no catching). My son in law and I returned to my car to a broken window and missing luggage. Needless to say it spoiled a nice day and great evening. Instead to a relaxing dinner we spent considerable time removing our remaining gear to our room, buying new toiletries, and keeping the rain out of the car. I am out of the Sac news loop as I live about 200 miles away. I will check into it.

b

Dabalone
10-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Always great news when bad guys are caught, what kind of punishment do you think they will get? I have an idea, and I would bet they are at it again before they have to appear on these charges.