PDA

View Full Version : Silver Fork American

Sutterk
10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Had a day off and decided to try out some new water. A buddy and I picked the Silver Fork of the American. (Thanks Ed Wahl for your help). Started out at O'Dark Thirty from the bay area beautiful drive up with great clouds in the horizon, should have been our first clue. Arrived at the reasonable hour of 8:30 at the upper bridge. Started to rain as we were rigging up. Hiked up as far as we could fishing in between. The rain then became snow, but the fish were happy to see us and we laid into some monsters ;-). Continued to fish with hits and fish to hand at the many great pool/runs that make this some of the prettiest water I have ever seen. Had to retreat to the car to warm up our hands before we ventured out again. We went back out and explored below the bridge. Again more action on an October Caddis/Orange Stimi ( thanks again Ed.) and BHPT dropper. Snow and rain gave way to sunshine and more fish to hand. Cute little fish and more stream to explore.

Sutterk (aka Brad)

Ed Wahl
10-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Sweet report Brad. Glad you guys made it up and made the most of it.

Gotta say, it does not look too comfortable.

Good thing the fish were bitey, that could have sucked.

Ed

Scott V
10-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I am glad you guys had a good time on one of my favorite waters. That river is one of the preetiest places to fish in my opinion.

Sutterk
10-19-2009, 07:21 PM
We'll be back often. Might seek out some more off the path water in that creek. I was surprised that they would bite in the rain/snow, I can only figure that they thought winter was coming too. I am trying to fatten up for the winter as well. My food luckily doesn't come with a hook in it. I will be there for the next fishout if it happens.

Brad

kokaneejr
10-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Great report and I am disappointed I didn't get up there. I can't wait to check it out. I spent my one day fishing looking for smallies on the Russian. Nothing but Squawfish for me:(

troutbm
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
How do u like the XC 90 ?