PDA

View Full Version : Putah Creek 10/17

djwattswatts
10-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Ok so i went to Putch and the water level was so low the only spot that i could see fishing was up at the dam past the bridge on the right hand side, you could see the fish there and they were about 12 to 15 inch's throw some dry fly's some black caddis and tan caddis really the only thing i had to work with SZ #16 fly. There were about 4 or 5 people at one time fishing that little area. The fish were going after the fly's and feeding and they were rising some go size splashes from what i could hear.

I hear that Putah is best fished during November, but am just thinking that with the winter coming the water level is going to lower or stay were it is at in less we get some rain.

bclem81
10-18-2009, 11:34 AM
the reason y people say that it is fishing good in the winter time is because they are harrassing the spawning fish. casting to the same fish over and over and over again when the fish are trying to spawn. please dont be like them, i cant stand those that rack redds and pester the fish that are trying to reproduce. let them do what nature meant them to do.

Xnjb707X
10-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Also watch where you step durring the winter season. The creek is so small durring the winter, the redds can be over looked and walked through by accident. So be carefull.

- Nic