PDA

View Full Version : Trinity River report just before storm.....

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Spey guide Jason Hartwick invited Ryan Miller and Andy Guibord to come up and fish the Trinity River with him.

**This was Monday and part of Tuesday until the river blew out. Jason said it should be really good after it recovers from this storm. I think Jason has some open dates in late October?

http://www.steelheadonthespey.com/Site/Welcome.html

http://steelheadonthespey.blogspot.com/

Andy with fish on.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Here is a nice fresh one that Ryan landed.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Ryan with another Trinity River Steelhead taken on the swing..........

Darrin.Deel
10-15-2009, 02:31 PM
any reports on the river condition as of today?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Jason is up there "for the duration" so he should be letting us know soon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Try to get up to the Trinity and/or Klamath Rivers in the next 30 days for some real good SH fishing. The water temp should be warm enough for good result swinging flies.

Jasonh
10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
The river is still dropping and clearing since the storm. We got quite a bit of rain and the river came way up but is dropping fast. Lewiston to the North Fork is almost back to normal and there are some fish around. The lower river is still a couple of days out. The next few weeks will be prime time for swinging flies on the Trinity.

JH

Fochetti
10-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Next week can't wait...

westslope
10-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I walk/waded the trinity last Thursday/Friday in the Junction City area. Caught 40-50 smolt each day and hooked one adult first thing on Friday morning at the Evans Bar put-in. I hiked about a mile up from Evans Bar on Friday crossing over the river several times without success. Only saw one boat and not another person which was great. Had the river all to myself on a beautiful fall day. There is increased pressure on the trinity since the lower sac turned.

todd