PDA

View Full Version : 14th Annual Truckee River Day on the 18th of October

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Bill----Per our brief conversation today, below I’ve forward the info needed to sign-up volunteers for an important project we’re doing this coming Sunday, October 18th. We’ll need bodies and it will entail some raking, shoveling and moving/placing boulders and/or logs in different locations. The project is to block-off/close, unauthorized, single-track hill climbs that have been disturbing riparian areas of the Little Truckee River below Stampede Dam.

I know your board has frequent mention of the LT. I feel that those who cast their flies there should also be pro-active relative to preserving this fine fishery.

If you wish you can call me or David Lass if you require further details.

Frank R. Pisciotta

530-587-7333

www.cyberfly.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 4:03 PM
To: David Lass
Subject: Sign up for Truckee River Day! October 18th!

Hello everyone,

Fall is a good time to take some time off from a busy summer and give back to your local watershed. The Truckee River Watershed Council is hosting their 14th Annual Truckee River Day on the 18th of October this year. This year, the Tahoe Truckee Fly Fishers have their own project to be a part of; the Little Truckee River Wildlife Habitat Improvement Project. I'm counting on you all to sign up and show up in great numbers to show the community we not only recreate throughout the Truckee River Watershed, but we also care and are willing to donate the blood, sweat and tears to restore and protect it.

Fill out the attached form, or more conveniently, go to the Truckee River Day website and follow the steps listed below. Hope to see you out there:

Go to www.truckeeriverday.org

Click on the “registration” link in the side bar

Fill in your contact information

When asked if you are part of a group, click 'YES'

Another screen will show you the names of the groups already created, click on “Trout Unlimited”

Click ok to the waiver

That’s it, you’re signed up!

David Lass

Trout Unlimited; Sportsmen’s Conservation Project

Northern California Field Organizer

10356 Donner Pass Road, Suite 3

Truckee, CA 96161

Office: (530) 587-7110

Cell: (530) 388-8261

dlass@tu.org

www.tu.org

www.tucalifornia.org

Character is what we do when no one is watching.
-Anonymous