PDA

View Full Version : Nuthin' but BASS.... 10/10 Delta

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-11-2009, 06:32 AM
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :D I KNOW you guys missed me! J/K

Anyway, Paul and I went out to the delta yesterday afternoon. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, although the wind came up a bit in the evening... We actually went out searchin' for stripes, but as the title of this post indicates, we found nothing but BASS. Just usin' minnows and airheads (remember, we were lookin' for the stripes), I lost a couple and landed a 2 lb'er. Nothing to scream about, but I haven't been on the delta since the spring or on the boat since August! It was good to get my hands fishy again! Paul caught a couple sub-surface too.

Switched to top-water (usin' bubbleheads and rattletails) about 45 min before dark, and lost one and landed an almost 3 lb'er... LOTS of little guys tryin' for it. AGAIN, nothing but BASS. Couldn't find a stripe to save our lives! But, we saw more action on top than we'd seen all afernoon....8-)

Water temps were 61-62 in the Moke and 65-67 in the sloughs... (Paul swears his finder is off by 1-2 degrees one way or the other, but there you have it).

I think the stripes missed the memo that it is now October, and I should be able to find 'em :confused:! I do know one thing, my blood is pumpin' for them stripes now.... Look out! :fish:

wasatch
10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey Paul and Robin,
I fished the 6:00 am to 1:00 pm shift yesterday, same area, and only landed 1 striper. Pulled in a couple bass as well... Strange morning on the Moke, looked like it was gonna be hot, but never turned on. Should be getting better as it gets closer to November...

Hairstacker
10-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Nuthin' wrong with nuthin' but bass. :nod: Good to hear you're able to get out on the water again Robin -- your enthusiasm is always infectious! :D

Scott V
10-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Nuthin' wrong with nuthin' but bass. :nod: Good to hear you're able to get out on the water again Robin -- your enthusiasm is always infectious! :D

You forget, Robin is a striper snob.:D She don't want no stinking LMB's.

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-13-2009, 08:30 AM
You forget, Robin is a striper snob.:D She don't want no stinking LMB's.

:p

I want LMB's when I'm LOOKIN' for 'em..... :nod:

But, have to admit, that almost 3 lb'er was nice......... :D