PDA

View Full Version : We should be fishing somewhere now?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-10-2009, 09:40 AM
We were very busy at the shop all this week with people getting ready to go on trips.

This is a wonderful time of year for many fisheries in California.

Trout in lakes are good.

Trout in streams are good.

Stripers should be picking up in the Delta and reservoirs.

Steelhead are going to be very good everywhere after it rains early this next week.

Try to get out before that December cold weather hits.

Scott V
10-10-2009, 08:59 PM
We were fishing, I made it out to Lake Davis today and had the best day of fishing I have ever had. I'll post a report tomorrow, but what I will say was the smallest fish I caught was 17".

Fochetti
10-10-2009, 09:01 PM
I knew you were going to say that, I just had too much crap to take care of. BUMMER....

STEELIES/26c3
10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
We should be fishing somewhere now?

Never a question...

I tell my shadow that... but with an exclamation point rather than a question mark at the end... about 325 days out of each year and on 325 of those days my shadow is in full compliance...

and we go fish somehwere:D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-12-2009, 08:19 AM
I have just noticed that over the years on average October has been real good on Davis Lake.

September can still be too warm and November can be too cold.

Years ago my friend Tom Sharples went up there in October and had unreal fishing. That got me started watching Davis Lake in the fall.

Hatch
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM
This is the best time of year. Duck season is only a few weeks away and the delta striper thing is just about ready to go crazy. I am currently boatless and frustrated and am waiting for my new 2010 G3 1860 CC to arive at Sutter Marine. I was lucky enough to hop aboard MALBERS' 17 foot Greager jet sled on a striper trip to the south west portion of the delta yesterday. We found lots of small stripers 29 of them and 2 LMB. On the water at dawn off by 12 to meet the wives and kids in Lodi for some lunch, wine tasting and pumkining at Phillips Farm. (Great Place) Northern California is not a bad place to be. Thanks Matt.
HATCH

Jgoding
10-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Anyone want to go fishing today? I'll meet you out there on the river about "it ain't gonna happen today O' thirty".

Jeff C.
10-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not going out today but will tomorrow or Thursday. The rain might bring some a bunch of new fish into the American. Ya won't know if you don't go!

Jgoding
10-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I might give it a go when it clears up but who knows now that it gets dark fairly early and work is busy and there's stuff scheduled usually almost everyday except thursdays....

STEELIES/26c3
10-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Anyone want to go fishing today? I'll meet you out there on the river about "it ain't gonna happen today O' thirty".

I considered it...

I can do rain no problem, I love it actually.

A rising, muddy river is also doable with dark colors

But 30+mph Winds is pretty much a deal-breaker and so today will NOT BE one of those 325 days...