PDA

View Full Version : My Favorites

Rodney D.
10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Spent last Friday out at one of my favorite Delta spots catching my favorite Delta fish. I love catching bluegills and I was having a good day until that bass came and spoiled the fun I was having with my 4 weight...yea, right. Here are a few pictures. I heard somewhere that if bluegills grew to 5 pounds, they would be the most sought after warm water fish and I agree. Sorry for the quality as I am still trying to learn how to take pictures out of my kayak and not drop the camera in the water.

Scott V
10-08-2009, 03:01 PM
I love them gills myself, probably my favorite fish of all. And nothing gets under my skin more than some dumb ol' bass spoiling my gill fun.;)

robdog
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Funny that you guyz mention the fact that Blue Gills are fun to catch. I was just commenting on another thread how hard these guyz fight. I love when I am in my float tube & a Blue Gill completely jumps over me.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Chico Fernandez told me that some of his friends in Texas have a bunch of private bass ponds on their property and one is full of hybrid Blue Gills.

I don't know about their weight but he said he used a 7 weight rod to land them.

Dabalone
10-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Chico Fernandez told me that some of his friends in Texas have a bunch of private bass ponds on their property and one is full of hybrid Blue Gills.

I don't know about their weight but he said he used a 7 weight rod to land them.

Here is a thread discussing hybrid bluegill by pond owners. Interesting.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=161425

Hairstacker
10-09-2009, 08:57 AM
I know what you mean Rodney. I was out there two weeks ago and took a break from bass and fished for 'em myself with the 2 wt.:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Sachlil/DSCF0785.jpg

Nowadays, I take both the 7wt. and the 2wt. rods with me on the inflatable kayak so I can have double the fun chasing both. \\:D/

Regarding hybrids, many, many years ago I regularly fished a Texas ranch lake that was stocked with nothing but big ones. Although I was fishing for the bass there, I caught quite a few of those hybrids. I don't know what kind they were but you didn't know if you had hooked a bass or a hybrid until the fish got within 20 feet and you could start to feel the difference due to their shape and fighting characteristics. Strong, very entertaining fish. :)