PDA

View Full Version : Condom Fly

SHigSpeed
10-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Okay, I asked a few months back for some pink rubbers. Didn't get any.

I ended up using the old faithful natural latex kind and used pink Sharpie under the final layer of latex and it turned out pretty good I think.

Gonna try the "Czech" style with this as my anchor fly tomorrow.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2645/3978555513_aa4af9b265.jpg

_SHig

jbird
10-04-2009, 10:15 AM
hmmm. Theres so many things you could use other than a condom. I guess it adds to the "what the &%$@!" factor. You can get all kinds of colors of V-rib. Dont condoms have spermicide or some chemical?
I just dont get it.

SHigSpeed
10-04-2009, 02:01 PM
hmmm. Theres so many things you could use other than a condom. I guess it adds to the "what the &%$@!" factor. You can get all kinds of colors of V-rib. Dont condoms have spermicide or some chemical?
I just dont get it.

Only some have spermicide. If you look up how these are made it'll become clear why v-rib and scudback won't work the same.

For the short time I used them today they didn't cooperate...

_SHig

David Lee
10-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Pretty freakin' cool !

Looks good and larva-y , let us know how they fish (sunlight will destroy latex rubber , avoid a clear flybox ?) .

David

CODY
10-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Vladi condom worm, alot of guys on my team use them. we cant use split shot, but these sink like a rock.

SHigSpeed
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Vladi condom worm, alot of guys on my team use them. we cant use split shot, but these sink like a rock.

So, do they catch or only work as a passable anchor fly?

_SHig

CODY
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
they do catch a surprising amount of fish on this fly. But they do make an excellent anchor fly.

john
10-05-2009, 06:00 AM
When I first saw the post caption, I thought maybe I see a new Airhead-type tie. Then again won't the tie carry-over the "single-use" of it's chief component?(grn)

Wolfie
10-05-2009, 06:54 AM
what a great looking 'worm'...that will slaughter the big browns here at the Bow River..and what a great time to introduce this fly...for the spawning season has begun...Have safe Sex, my finny friends...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/ArticWolf/lol.gif....Wolfie