PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out !!!!!

Jay Murakoshi
10-02-2009, 06:59 PM
As I do every day and night, I take a bike ride. Usually I go down a bike/walking path through one of our parks. The path is high above the SJ river (which now has more water flowing for the salmon they expect to show back up in the river - yeah right) Roughly a 5 mile ride then it's back through a bunch of subdivisions on my ride home. A couple busy streets but we have bike lanes. The only problem is, I wish to hell that people could/would keep there cars out of the lane.
Tonight, I had one driver come close to me I swore I took off the first layer of paint from the rear quarter panel. Talking on the phone and driving into the sun - this is for those that drive and talk at the same time - pull the damn car over and make conversation. What's the old saying "if the shoe fits, wear it".
I thought there was a law that went into effect in California about driving and talking on a cell phone or text messaging. Heck, I see the cops talking on the phone all the time. I submitted something to the editor of the paper but haven't seem anything in the editorials.

Enough said, I guess I better watch my butt since I have less than two weeks before I collied head on with a big yellow fin

Jay

Steve R
10-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Jay
Stay safe, let the Tuna begin!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve

jbird
10-02-2009, 10:37 PM
As I do every day and night, I take a bike ride. Usually I go down a bike/walking path through one of our parks. The path is high above the SJ river (which now has more water flowing for the salmon they expect to show back up in the river - yeah right) Roughly a 5 mile ride then it's back through a bunch of subdivisions on my ride home. A couple busy streets but we have bike lanes. The only problem is, I wish to hell that people could/would keep there cars out of the lane.
Tonight, I had one driver come close to me I swore I took off the first layer of paint from the rear quarter panel. Talking on the phone and driving into the sun - this is for those that drive and talk at the same time - pull the damn car over and make conversation. What's the old saying "if the shoe fits, wear it".
I thought there was a law that went into effect in California about driving and talking on a cell phone or text messaging. Heck, I see the cops talking on the phone all the time. I submitted something to the editor of the paper but haven't seem anything in the editorials.

Enough said, I guess I better watch my butt since I have less than two weeks before I collied head on with a big yellow fin

Jay

Amen Jay!! I swear 2 out of every three drivers I see up hear are on the GD cell phone. Ive tried texting while driving and Ive tried driving under the influence of intoxicants. Texting is far more dangerous. DONT DO EITHER!

Ed Wahl
10-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Jay, keep us apprised of the SJ. The papers only scratch the surface.

Nice job sandwiching in your real gripe between fishing subjects.:D

You had to stretch for the last one, didn't you? :)

Ed

ps.... I havn't looked at your site lately, do you have those Hula Poppers in production?

speyfool
10-03-2009, 01:02 AM
cops (and any emergency personnel) are allowed to talk on the cell phone while driving. Whether it is personal or business related.

At least that is what a cop told me when I asked why I see so many on cell phones. A quick Google search says as much.

Jay Murakoshi
10-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Ed,

Yes, the Hula Girl Poppers are for sale. Right now, I'm waiting for some hooks although it looks like I'll have to change over to a new style of hook. The original hook used the Mustad kink shank hook in 3/0 but no one is carrying that hook anymore. The 2/0 is a shade too short. So, I'm starting to use a Dai Ichi 2461 in 5/0. It's not a stainless hook but has a wider gape, sharper point and a better hook all around.
I'm going to try the Mustad 34011 hook in a 3/0 but I don't think it will have the gape that the Dai Ichi hook has.

I have taken a number of bass on it already and a couple small stripers. The next stop for the Hula Girl will be Baja. I'm hoping the roosters, YFT and dorado will eat it.

They can be ordered directly off my web site.

Thanks

Jay