PDA

View Full Version : Delta 9/29

Spicytuna1
10-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Decided to spend a little time on the water after work and try and chase down some Stripers. Was in the east delta and come up to our first spot where my brother missed a fish first cast. Second cast brings a nice 18" Striper to hand. I was throwing topwater for nothing, so I switched it up to a little chartreuse and white clouser I had modified. And we started a catching frenzy but we were not catching the usual suspects (Stripers) they were juvenile Largemouth up to 12" we must have landed around 12 of them. After no striper and a bunch of dink lmb's we ran to a little weed flat to throw some topwater. I get a blow up within the first few minutes, then about three cast later another little largemouth. I have never seen or landed this many small largemouth it was crazy and really fun. closing in on the night I throw my pink bubblehead against the tulles and hear a good blow up my brother and I both new this was not a dink like all of fish prior. I got lucky with the fight keeping him on the surface and got him to the boat. A great way to end the night and prove that maybe the LMB's aren’t done yet. I am ready for Stripers for sure but I still lone me some good topwater LMB you can't beat it. All in all a great night on the water.

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/davedog2u/bass.jpg

Spicytuna

Hairstacker
10-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Spicytuna, very nice bass! Nothing like ending the session on the highest note, eh? Sounds like you fellas had a blast, good for you guys! :p I suspect topwater LMBs will be around for a few more weeks as long as water temps hold up.