PDA

View Full Version : Fishout?

Ed Wahl
09-30-2009, 09:07 PM
I was thinking about a fishout/overnighter on the Silver Fork of the American. It looks like plenty of access for spreading out a lot of fishers. Looks like tons of unimproved sites, I don't know how late in the year the pay to play sites stay open, we'd have to check. I rarely use the pay sites, too crowded and to regulated as to noise.:unibrow:

Any interest?

I'm thinking mid Oct. The 17th and 18th.

Ed

Fochetti
09-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Ed,

Funny you mentioned this, you beat me to it. I'm a member of another board and they do an annual "rendezvous" on a local river. They have a big turn out, band, prizes for biggest fish & most inches, casting competitions, raffles and more. I know this would not be that big, but it's a great idea.

I think it would be a great time, and it would be nice to put faces with these names on here.

I am in if I can get off.

Glad you posted this.

Steelhead Guide
09-30-2009, 10:13 PM
I will need to see if I can trade my friday for sunday but I am in if I can. Sounds like a lot of fun.

loganmike
09-30-2009, 10:17 PM
That would be awesome and I would try to arrange the schedule around it!

me

TaylerW
09-30-2009, 11:07 PM
im down. i got a camper to use and a full size cookstove and all the extras soo its quite the setup

Flyfishpapa
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
I love that area, post the dates and if I can get a pass I'll be there!

kokaneejr
10-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey I think I can go. The wife says yes and I can get Sunday off and I think I can trade a Saturday. Keep us posted on what and where as I haven't been to the silvefork before...Craig.

Scott V
10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
If you stick to those dates I can come out and join you Saturday afternoon and fish til dark.

Mike Churchill
10-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Sounds like a fun change from the Delta trips of the past, but I have one question: have you thought about the presence of a bunch of deer hunters in the camping areas? That's in the D-5 zone and its open from last Saturday through October.

I'm not anti-hunting, but there may be more folks up there than some might expect. (Or maybe you or someone else have been up there in the middle of the deer season and can tell us whether it will be a problem.)

Mike

Ed Wahl
10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Sounds like a fun change from the Delta trips of the past, but I have one question: have you thought about the presence of a bunch of deer hunters in the camping areas? That's in the D-5 zone and its open from last Saturday through October.

Mike, it'll be the proverbial cold day in hell when I can't find a place to camp regardless of the crowds. I'm already figuring that the campgrounds will be closed for the season. There are plenty of "rough" campsites that will work though. I'll do some scouting and some fishing this Saturday.

As for those deer hunters, well, maybe we should just apologize in advance for our loudness, crude behavior, and foul language. I hope we don't hurt their feelings. O:)

Ed

TaylerW
10-02-2009, 06:10 PM
im in. look for a big white dodge with a white lance camper in the bed.

probably going to have steelhead guide with me......

we have extra room if anyone wants to carpool from the sac area

troutbm
10-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Sounds cool, I'll go.

kokaneejr
10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey Ed,

Any updates? Will the storm effect fishing in that part of the stream? It looks as if it is influenced by water flows from the lake. Keep us updated on what you think.

Although if this is like any other year the storm may fizzle before it gets here. (great that ought to jinks us):(

Ed Wahl
10-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Looks like the weather should clear up for this weekend. Does anyone still want to do it?

Anyone got any info on how this river fishes after a good storm?

We can always switch to the Rube if SF is out.

Ed

kokaneejr
10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Ed as I said keep us informed with the plan. It still sounds like a good idea to me. If we decide on someplace give me a place to look for on a map or something as the Silver Fork and the Rubicon are foreign to me.

As for weather we had between 5 and 9 inches of rain here but most of it soaked in. The floods we had were from street drains and some high tides so I am guessing that the streams up there fared about the same...Craig.

Scott V
10-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Silverfork at mile marker 3. Bring plenty of firewood. That is my suggestion.

Ed Wahl
10-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry guys. My wife's a bit sick and I better take the flake right now.

If you guys want to go anyway I can supply directions and firewood from here in Sac.

Ed

kokaneejr
10-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey Ed sorry to hear about your wife. Take care of her as it plays forward in the long run to get future permission to fish.
I guess I will flake this time to as I am battling a bad case of Poison Oak and I have a chance to work some OT on Saturday after taking Sunday off.
Maybe we should do a fishout after an upcoming seminar at Keines or something closer to Sac as the streams will close soon.
Hey if anybody wants to teach me how to fish the AR I have never caught a steelhead or halfpounder(man even a striper:() on a fly before that would be a perfect day trip for me from my area.
I still am going to try and get out, maybe a last chance to search for some smallies on the Russian before more rains come.
Take care all and we wil figure out somethhing soon..craig.