PDA

View Full Version : Jbirds avatar. Vote?

jbird
09-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I got a pretty uhhh...warm reception when I put up my previous avatar. Was feeling a little guilty about the possible inapropriate nature of said photograph.

Should I bring it back? Yah or nay

Ed Wahl
09-30-2009, 06:44 PM
It was good Jay, but I think it'd run it's course.

Darrin.Deel
09-30-2009, 09:32 PM
If bill says it's a go, rock it.

Steelhead Guide
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Thought it was great

David Lee
10-01-2009, 06:11 AM
It wasn't bad .

My vote goes to your huge hybrid Sunfish !

D.~

jbird
10-01-2009, 07:27 AM
It wasn't bad .

My vote goes to your huge hybrid Sunfish !

D.~

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dave Neal
10-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, you should bring it back. It's a nice specimen of humanly beauty, and quite frankly more exciting to look at than some fish.

I also liked Aaron's old avatar. Although his new one, makes me laugh for some reason.

I am still searching out the perfect avatar...

kokaneejr
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Jbird,

It's an avatar I really hope people have more to complain about than that. If you like it go ahead.

BTW is that your tank in the avatar now? Mine is a photo of my cat stalking my 55 gal reef. :)

jbird
10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
BTW is that your tank in the avatar now? Mine is a photo of my cat stalking my 55 gal reef. :)

Yep

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jbird35/DSC08853.jpg

koffler
10-01-2009, 07:43 PM
We need her - she had junk in the trunk - I love it. I vote the avatar stays (and if possible please post it so I can use it for my my fantasy baseball team going forward - if not I understand).

P.S. I love and respect women but that avatar cannot go away (IMO) - it's awesome.

Love,
The Dirt Bag (I'm a Regular poster - sorry)

kokaneejr
10-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Wow nice tank. Your monti's are impressive. How big and how long. My setup has been going about a year now, I just got a sunset monti, hopefully it will grow out enough to send you a piece if you want one.

jbird
10-02-2009, 11:19 AM
My tank is a 50g breeder. Its been up for just over 2 years. I have 400w radium lighting with t5 actinic suppliment. Its a LOT of light and my corals love it. My 2 big capricornis, are about a year old. Started from quarter sized frags. The purple one is insane. Theres no way to capture its true color with a camera. I just had to cut it in half yesterday. I bumped it with my had and the whole thing fell. I now have 2 peices of the pruple epoxied to the rock.

I would love a frag of your sunset! I could trade you something for it.

Hers a pic of an area that is getting really crowded but looks cool. Im just gonna let the corals fight it out. I think the pavona is going to win tho.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jbird35/DSC08895.jpg

Kurt P
10-06-2009, 09:07 AM
jbird,

I agree, nice tank. That's amazing growth in just 2 years. My tank was a FOWLR for about 2 years, until I upgraded to MH lights and getting started with SPS corals. So far, so good. Is that M cap in the bottom of the last photo a Flower Petal? It is very nice.

As far as your former avatar goes, I'm a bit conflicted. I'm old enough to have young kids and I cringe a bit when stuff like that pops up on the screen and my adolescent girls are reading along over my shoulder (fortunately they both have an interest in fishing). On the other hand, I'm not THAT old that I don't get a little charge out of pictures like that. Overall, I'd have to vote for your right to post it if you like. Honestly, 'worse' pictures than that (regarding my kids seeing them) pop up on my home page just about every time I get on the net. Just the world we live in, I guess.
Kurt

DFrink
10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Jbird,

As you can see, you are an inspiration to some of us.

Adam Grace
10-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Jay, bring that sweet back.... back, lol

Nice saltwater tank bye the way

Mrs.Finsallaround
10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
:smirk:

I SWEAR I'm gonna find a good Chippendales avatar to change mine to..... :lol:

Darian
10-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I made my preference about Jay's avatar known before. Bring it back if you want to. Just good calendar stuff. Want to say that I love watching fish in an aquarium. If I had a tank like that I'd never get anything done. ;) ;)

andanb
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Back cast might be a little tight...?

Reno Flytyer
10-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Let's see...photograph of a great tush or a nice aquarium? Really, a vote is needed on that? Sheesh. Maybe if the tush were somehow vulgar or obscene, then yes, leave it off...but this one? Lighten up Francis.

RFT