PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmmmm! Brownies!

jbird
09-28-2009, 10:27 PM
Just when I was ready to call it an evening and be satisfied with a handfull of 14"ers....Boom!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jbird35/DSC08884.jpg

SHigSpeed
09-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Yow!!

Just one question, still or moving?

_SHig

ps. Nevermind, I see the driftboat, or is that obfuscation? :^)

jbird
09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
I'll give you a hint. Look at the forum I posted in :-)

Darian
09-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Geez, Jay,.... I don't know,.... you sure that isn't a gator. :?: :eek: Maybe he came up to take some of the 14"ers you were catching.... :confused:

Hairstacker
09-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Oh man, what a fish!!

Jay, I only have one question . . . what's with the facial expression? :lol:

Your fish reminds me of something I often remind myself of when I'm on the water -- no matter how slow the fishing has been or even if I've been skunked thus far . . . the next cast might be the one. Probably why I'm always late getting home. :lol:

Congratulations, what a beauty!

David Lee
09-29-2009, 06:30 AM
WOW !!!!

Is this turning out to be 'the year of the Trout' for you Jay , or what ??!??

Congrats on what would be for most of us mortals a fish on a lifetime !!

David , Green with envy

Troutstalker55B
09-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Wow, what a great brown trout! Looks like you were fishing in low light, like a mountain lion that's when you will get em. 12 years ago on the Blue river drainage we did well for big browns in the middle of the night with mouse patterns, you set the hook on the gulp! nice catch!

jbird
09-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Thank you guys.
Mike...I know, I hate it when I dont at least smile. My friend was struggling getting my camera on the right mode and I was explaining it when the shutter clicked.

David....Many many years ago I was a browntroutaholic. I lived close to several trophy waters and caught copious amounts of absolute monsters. Then I discovered the dreaded steelhead. I moved to a steelhead mecca and my trout days were a thing of the past. As steelhead waters get more crowded and steelheaders get more unbareable I have been finding great joy in stillwaters again. Here it is, peak steelhead season and Im out on a lake. lol
I am heading to Kamloops next week and am excited to experience the Nirvana of trout lakes!!

Jay

jigger
09-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Great fissshhhh!
I'm no expert. But looks like that one's been in the river. Opposite of what I'd think this time of year.

jbird
09-29-2009, 08:48 PM
this is a natural spring fed lake with a couple inflows too small for spawning and one small outflow. There are known to be small browns in the outflow but I doubt theres anything in the inflows...they are mere trickles.

Ed Wahl
09-29-2009, 08:56 PM
That's a huge trout Jay, well done.

I was looking at your expression too and a thought occured to me. (happens, really) We should have a little caption contest as to what you were thinking.

Me first.

"Get outta the !@#$% way so I can throw this worthless !@#$% fish up on the bank!"

You know we love ya right?

Ed

jbird
09-29-2009, 09:23 PM
:lol:

Ed you should see the OTHER picture. :lol: Many more caption options with that one. Seroiusly, its so bad you wouldnt even notice the fish.

Heres my submission...

"Ya think anyones gonna believe this ugly thing is real?"

Fochetti
09-30-2009, 12:55 AM
"Uhhhh, what is this thing?

David Lee
09-30-2009, 07:15 AM
"Hurry up an' get the shot - that Chorizo I had for breakfast is startin' to slip"

jbird
09-30-2009, 08:15 AM
"Hurry up an' get the shot - that Chorizo I had for breakfast is startin' to slip"

:lol:

I was looking at the OTHER picture and the caption that fit the best was "Pull my finger!" :lol:

OceanSunfish
09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
The heck with the fish, what happen to your Avatar? <grin>

SHigSpeed
09-30-2009, 04:19 PM
The heck with the fish, what happen to your Avatar?

"just keep swimmin', swimmin', swimmin'... Good feeling gone!"

_SHig

OceanSunfish
09-30-2009, 05:05 PM
"just keep swimmin', swimmin', swimmin'... Good feeling gone!"

_SHig

If he really put a "Dori" fish up just for that subliminal message; that's clever.