PDA

View Full Version : caples and heenan

medfly
09-28-2009, 10:08 AM
thinking about heading to caples and heenan this friday for a full day. never fished these lakes. heenan i plan to just get in my tube and fish streamers with a beaded dropper. but i know nothing about caples, i was planning to walk the shore, any tips, location flies? thanks

-medfly

Scott V
09-28-2009, 10:29 AM
When I went to Caples about 2 months ago it was full of real small trout, like 3 inches long and they were everywhere. So I would throw big streamers to go for one of the big ones in there. The little 3" ones were hitting my size 8 flies and hooking themsleves, at times I did not know I even had one on they were so small.

mikel
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Medfly, I've always heard that a big prince is the dropper of choice at Heenan, maybe a 10 or 12...good luck! -Mike

Scott V
09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Medfly, I've always heard that a big prince is the dropper of choice at Heenan, maybe a 10 or 12...good luck! -Mike

2 weeks ago they were catching them on a size 12 prince nymph, never found out the color though.

SHigSpeed
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
2 weeks ago they were catching them on a size 12 prince nymph, never found out the color though.

The prince I used to catch mine was purple. Doubt the color matters much...

_SHig