PDA

View Full Version : Buy your CA fishing license online now.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols/intro.html

To purchase a license for yourself, you must provide your name, residency status, driver's license number, date of birth, residence address, height, weight, hair color and eye color.

To purchase a license as a gift for someone else, you must provide the licensee's name, residency status, date of birth, and residence address.

Must use a Visa or MasterCard for secure purchasing.

Must have a printer to print license.

Information must be accurate.

There are no voids or refunds.

Internet browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, Safari 3.1 or Firefox 2 or newer..

SHigSpeed
09-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Cool! So instant "duplicate" license if you lose/misplace/need a backup for every vest/car/flybox "just in case"?

This would be very cool!

_SHig

Mike O
09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
nope, printed yearly licenses only valid 15 days until they mail you the real one.

From the FAQ part of the DFG site:

Q. If I purchase a license online, when will it become effective?
A. Your license will be valid immediately. If you purchase a short-term sport fishing license, you will print it on your printer at the end of your transaction. When you purchase an annual sport fishing license online, you will print a temporary license document that is valid immediately and will allow you to fish for up to 15 days until you receive your sport fishing license in the mail. A working printer is required to print short-term and temporary license documents.

Q. How can I get a duplicate if I lose my license that was purchased online?
A. To obtain a duplicate license, contact Internet Sales Support at (916) 928-6882 or e-mail Internetsales@dfg.ca.gov. The duplicate fee is $8.75

SHigSpeed
09-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Damn.......