PDA

View Full Version : Suction dredging

Dabalone
09-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I remember a thread recently where someone was questioning the dredges he witnessed on I believe it was the Trinity. Apparently all suction dredging in CA rivers, streams and lakes was halted on Aug 6 and it is illegal to do so now. This paragraph is copied from the DFG site.

Additionally, as of August 6, 2009, all California instream suction dredge mining has been suspended following the Governor's signature on a new state law. SB 670 (Wiggins), as signed into law by Governor Schwarzenegger and effective immediately, prohibits the use of vacuum or suction dredge equipment in any California river, stream or lake, regardless of whether the operator has an existing permit issued by DFG. The moratorium does not apply to suction dredging operations performed for the regular maintenance of energy or water supply management infrastructure, flood control, or navigational purposes.

troutbm
09-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, you mean there gonna actually outlaw something that destroys our rivers ? How bout getting cattle grazing outlawed within a 100 feet of a stream. Its unreal to me that this old time crap still goes on.