PDA

View Full Version : Sage RPL 10FT 8 WT rod wanted

dancer
09-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Hi everyone

Brilliant forum much like a few we have here in the UK.Im an avid seatrout fisherman and wonder if anyone can help me over there as im keen to get hold of an RPL 10 ft 8 weight rod preferably an RPL plus.I have found them to be excellent seatrout rods but am having real trouble in sourcing one esp on ebay.I have previously bought a sage rod and shipped it from USA fine so can anyone suggest a forum or place in the USA I can look out for one through the internet.
I know they may be like hens teeth but any help would be much appreciated
Many thanks Paul

arrow1347
09-23-2009, 02:55 PM
check out trader daves=trader@tradenstuff.com

dancer
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Im still looking for that elusive RPL+ 10foot 8 wt sage rod and am in no real hurry so will just keep looking.

I wonder if Bill or anyone can advise the difference in action between the RPL and the RPL+.Are they similar or totally different.My research seems to indicate the RPL+ is stiffer but I dont know.The RPL+ for me makes an awesome seatrout rod

Also was anything produced after the RPL+ Blanks afterwards and renamed by sage as again a rod maker has advised me that theXP has a similar feel to the RPL+

Any help anyone can give me would be great.Thanks
Paul

SSPey
09-28-2009, 08:31 PM
they broke the mold when they stopped making the RPL+. I personally did not care for this rod, but it had a unique taper with what I'll call "load points" with a variable progressive taper, as opposed to a more continuous smooth progressive taper like the RPL. I think Sage called it a "reverse compound taper" ... can't even begin to think how that term got lodged in my brain. When the rod would recover through the "load points" it would generate immense line speed, more than the regular RPL ... if you could tame the rod. The butt was quite stiff. If the XP is similar, its only because the XP also had a light tip and a stiff butt, but I don't think the XP was quite as extreme as the RPL+ ... more user friendly and lighter. It might even have some of that "reverse compound action" built in, and if it does, then it is much more subtle than the RPL+. Hope this helps

Dave Mathews
09-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Paul,

I sent you a PM re: a Sage RPL.

Tony Buzolich
09-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't have an 8w. but I do have a brand new Sage 9100-3 RPL that has never been fished or even cast.

I few years ago I broke the rod and sent it in for warranty. Sage was kind enough to send an entire new rod. With our declining salmon season here, I just never got around to using it since it's return to me.

PM me if you're at all interested,
TONY

Jim Wright
09-30-2009, 10:02 AM
I have a Sage Graphite III 890 RPL #8Line 9'0" 31/2 oz
two piece, rod is in new condition.
Jim Wright