PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Flats - ESPN2

Rick J
09-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Just saw a new series advertised in Fly Fisherman called Pirates of the Flats to be shown Jan 2010. Includes Tom Brokaw, Michael Keaton, Lefty Kreh, Thomas McGuane, Yvon Chouinard and Valentine Atkinson chasing bone fish and discussing conservation - what an awesome cast - should be a great show

Rockman
09-19-2009, 12:25 PM
You must have been referring to Lefty Kreh\\:D/
He's the best caster in the group.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-19-2009, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVVA9yT07G0

Sad that everyone will not to get to wade for Bonefish in their lifetime.

I have luckily fished Bonefish with 3 of those guys in my lifetime.

jburge
09-19-2009, 04:04 PM
My brother was the remote audio recording engineer for this shoot. He has some great stories about each of the cast members. Each one a remarkable fisherman and conservationist. Definitely worth a look.

John

Rick J
09-20-2009, 10:47 AM
loved the trailer - thanks Bill!! I have had a chance to fish with two of them - Many years ago when I was in Eureka and president of the North Coast Fly Fishers, we had Val come and give a slide show and Bruce and I took him out fishing on a float trip on the Eel the next day - a very nice guy.

Around 10 years ago I went up north on a do it yourself trip to BC out of Smithers with Dave Schatcter (Time Flies) and Gary Bulla who knew Yvon. Yvon fished with us for several days and showed us some of his hot spots on the Skeena and was the guy who got me into 2-handed rods!! An incredible very unassuming man!!