PDA

View Full Version : ar tomorrow

TaylerW
09-18-2009, 11:00 PM
will report!!

WinterrunRon
09-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Ok, LS, I'll report too. However, I usually don't because there always be about the same and rather boring: Casted for 2-4 hours and hooked 0-4 fish max. And a lot more 0's than 4's! Many times, that's for two rods in a boat. Unfortunately, the AR Striper is becoming a fish of a thousand casts. But the big girls are there, and it's that one big fish hooked every year that keeps me casting. Lately, they've been bigger, 6-12lbs, and the last two outings my partner and I hooked fish both times.

Can't wait for morning to get here...

Fochetti
09-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Reports? Good, bad, ugly?

Dustin Revel
09-19-2009, 12:50 AM
let me guess... a 22lber for the honorable little striper... haaha

jbird
09-19-2009, 09:13 AM
let me guess... a 22lber for the honorable little striper... haaha

Ouch!!!!!!!!

jcanger
09-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Hit the AR this morning - upper half of the river. First cast about 20 minutes after first light. Swung everything from small black leech, small brindle bug, dirty bird, pink/tan caddis pupae...nothing. I didn't even see fish holding - which I often do. Maybe BEFORE first light was better...

WinterrunRon
09-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Oops! Here I'm talking about striper fishing and you guys are in the steelhead forum. :oops:

TaylerW
09-19-2009, 05:27 PM
no steelhead. one nice squaw fish. saw some good stripers but nothing would hit.

and to be completely honest. if you dont have anything decent to say, why take your time to be an ass? i mean really? were adults right?

Dustin Revel
09-19-2009, 07:39 PM
when you post about a 20lb steelhead and say you have a picture but won't show anybody your credibility takes a bit of a hit wouldn't you say? I don't care how much it weighs i just want to see a big steelhead... its been a while. i figure if i heckle you a little maybe just maybe you'll let me see the picture, regardless if i make myself look like an ass or embarrass you a little... i just wanna see a big norcal steelhead i haven't seen before.

CODY
09-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Me too!!!!!

Fochetti
09-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Me as well, no heckling just like fish pics, especially of steel close to home.

Mike Stroud
09-20-2009, 07:29 AM
JBird... I just love your profile picture... is she a guide, where can i sign up?

Steelhead Guide
09-20-2009, 10:04 AM
A group of us (3 people) floated the upper stretch of the Lower American yesterday and while we saw lots of fish from small steelhead we bumbed while drifting to a few nice single Stripers our catching was, well left something to be desired. We did manage a small striper and another fish as well as a few takes that went un-touched.
I was dissapointed in how inconsiderate the others floating the river are in regards to proper boating etiquette. We had a hard time keeping quiet and steathly fishing some of the better runs with all the kayakers who would run right over our rigs when we would leave pleanty of room behind us and the bank. It was frustrating to say the least. ](*,)
Over all though we all had a good day and a day fishing is worth it, no matter what.....

Steelhead Guide
09-20-2009, 02:44 PM
This is a pic of LS squaw fish. it put up on heck of a fight.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv188/anadromousfly/DSC00223.jpg