PDA

View Full Version : tuesday truckee report

TaylerW
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM
hey all,

made it up to the truckee. fished with a friend from the bay area.

met up with gilligan. nice to have fished with someone as talented as he is.

now to the fishing:
first off fished a hopper dropper, turks on the surface, to a scud and a micromay at the bottom.

first cast of the day got a 17 inch brown. absolutely beautiful. it was my first brown out of moving water. i was super stoked on it.

caught some 9 inch rainbows.

switched to indicator fishing. got a 16 inch rainbow when i went to recast my drift. line went tight and there he was. all i can say is those fish are so strong.

all in all i got 13 fish with two nice one to hand.

i considered it a succesfull first outing to the truckee, and the beginning of a very long love affair with that river..

i love tuedays.

Fochetti
09-19-2009, 12:14 AM
13 fish, I would say that is a great outing on the Truckee, or any water for that matter. Even though numbers don't really equal a great day on the water it sure makes it that much better.

Good Work and thanks for the report

Scott V
09-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Sounds like you did good to me, now you can show me around up there.

TaylerW
09-19-2009, 05:43 PM
you have my numberrrr.....

Ty@Landpark
09-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Sounds like an incredible day. I fished Truckee last weekend with a couple buddies for the first time and stayed at Silver Creek camp site. Brought four to the net on a full day of fishing and one more the following morning before packing-up camp. Nothing big, all ranging between 5 to 8 inches....however a lot on fun on a 3 wt. Water level quite low and water temp was perfect for wet wadding. Looking forward to return.