PDA

View Full Version : October is fly fishing time in Nor Cal.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Be sure to get some days on the calendar in October if you live in Nor Cal.

Stripers are in the Delta, on top.

Trout are ravenous in most trout lakes.

All the larger streams are good for trout too.

Now the big problem for most of us is that it is the finest month for swinging classic wet Steelhead patterns on a floating line in Nor Cal, Oregon, Washington and BC.

If you want to do yourself a favor get out for a few days or even a week in October this fall.

Call us and we can help you plan a good outing.

If everyone could take off the month of October and fly fish I would be a millionaire.

huntindog
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
You lie. The trout have gone to sleep for the winter. I highly recomend staying home and watching football. Don't waste your time on nor-cal waters. :D

David Lee
09-18-2009, 11:32 AM
If everyone could take off the month of October and fly fish I would be a millionaire.

You mean you're not ??!??

D.~

Darrin.Deel
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
the egg drop on the sac should start the first week of october and trout should be fat from eggs by november. the feather also begins to produce really nice fish

troutbm
09-20-2009, 01:11 PM
After labor day is a great time to fish the sierras. Crowds are almost nonexistant. The transistion from summer to fall makes for great fishing too !

Fochetti
09-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I can't wait it is my favorite time of the year to fish. The temps are perfect and the fishing just gets better.