PDA

View Full Version : Playa Del Carmen

bearcrawl
09-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Anyone have any experience fishing out of PDC? Guide Recommendations? Sounds like the ferry to Cozumel is the ticket. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
RLD

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-17-2009, 11:11 PM
You can drive down the dirt/sand road to Punta Allen and stop at the Boca Paila Bridge for some wade fishing.

You can take the first ferry out to Cozumel and fish the north end with a guide.

jbird
09-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Post on Blantons forum. Theres alot of guys that go down there. I believe Rodman Hunter is the guide of choice in that region.

medfly
09-19-2009, 09:26 AM
i know pesca maya does day trips out of there. i was recently down there in june. close to playa del carmen is mainly deep sea. but drive about 2.5 hrs south and great flats for bonefish, permits, etc. pesca maya will even pick you up. i spent 4 days with them and was very happy

Randy B
09-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Ralph,

Fished both Cozumel and Pesca Maya (Asencion Bay). Prefer the Pesca Maya route for fishing, it is harder to get to but you have shots a a wider species of fish - can run into Permit.

Shoot me an email or PM if you want further info.

Randy

Dale Martens
10-28-2009, 12:13 PM
When I was in Playa, I booked a day trip with the Boca Paila Lodge - saw LOTS of small (1 to 2 lbs.) bones and caught maybe 8. It was all boat fishing. Tried for baby tarpon in a "creek" but didn't get any.

I spent another day in Cozumel. Spent about half the time wading. The fish were larger (3 to 4 lbs) and not quite as numerous. But I still had a lot of shots and caught 3 or 4. I also had multiple shots at a couple different permit.

From a fishing standpoint, there isn't much too choose. But the day in Cozumel was certainly cheaper and easier with no car rental and drive required. And the guide in Cozumel was cheaper as well.

The Cozumel guide I used was Nacho Euan (www.bonefishcozumel.com). He did a good job for me.