PDA

View Full Version : Crowley Lake access

gene goss
09-16-2009, 10:38 AM
The only access on the north end of Crowley Lake is off Benton Crossing Rd. through a tight squeeze S turn gate....to kept a boat trailer boats from launching off the beach....(snails).....you can still access all your favorite fishing spots....except for the springs on the east side of the lake which is closed off....Crowley was in a major algae boom.....green goooooo in the greenbanks bay, McGee bay.....Sandy point had the cleanest water....the fishing was tough for the GBF fishout....stripping fly worked the best for us.....black was the hot color....lots of perch fry in the weed beds....the water is clearing up and the catching should only get better.

Dave Neal
09-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I have been on "the lake" hahahaha a few times this week. The green goo is STILL persisting; it's been unseasonably warm this past week and the stuff refuses to die and sink. this is one of the longest algae blooms I can remember. I can't help thinking that when the lake finally clears up it is going to be really good.

Today we were in McGee Bay, perch in the a.m. then midges late morning/early afternoon. Our best midges were of the larva variety (red) on the bottom. A lot of nice LCT's between 19-21". midge hatches have been sparse, but the perch stripping has been pretty good. Lots of weeds still.

I am more excited about the honkers and ducks... there's A LOT of waterfowl on the lake right now... T-minus 31 days and counting!!!!!