PDA

View Full Version : watermaster kodiak?

TaylerW
09-14-2009, 11:40 AM
just got my hands on a new kodiak with the expedition package on it. any must have's for this setup?

and im going to try to build a holder for a gps/fishfinder, a buddy just upgraded and gave me his old one, we will see how it works......

with that im selling a outcast fish cat 9ft dlx. id like 395.00 but im open to offers.
used probably 15-20 times. cleaned after every outing. includes custom pvc/mesh gear box that fits perfectly on the back deck.

thanks

JJ
09-15-2009, 09:10 PM
The Water Master Kodiaks are great boats. All of my friends have them and I have used them many times. I have been looking to buy a used one for about a year (since I can't afford a new one), but I never see any for sale. I am not sure how yours is set up, but having an anchor set-up with a release similar to a drift boat is a nice option. Also a padded plastic seat is nice for rowing. You are going to love it.

oldtrout
09-15-2009, 10:14 PM
I have the padded seat and like it, but you do sit a little higher and have to adjust your rowing stroke. I do not have the anchor setup nor the motor setup, but both those options look good to me.

These boats are great! Two of my friends have Watermasters and we spent 12 days on the Kisaralik River in Alaska on the rafts. We really loaded them down with all our fishing gear/camping gear/food and the rafts handle everything we threw at them with aplomb.

TaylerW
09-17-2009, 12:09 AM
i am super excited for it. i get it within the next few days. this boat has everything. mounts, and the anchor systems. extra d-rings, ect. im going to get the closed bottom for winter fishing!!

TaylerW
09-22-2009, 11:14 PM
the boat has been thoroughly broken in.

that is all.

haha tight lines

ls