PDA

View Full Version : Striped Bass - Catch & Release

Mrs.Finsallaround
09-08-2009, 09:16 AM
:fish: http://www.delta.dfg.ca.gov/stripedbass/CatchRelease.pdf 8-)

(http://www.delta.dfg.ca.gov/stripedbass/CatchRelease.pdf)

Darrin.Deel
09-08-2009, 04:27 PM
dead link....

STEELIES/26c3
09-08-2009, 05:10 PM
That's REALLY COOL!!!

Is it current and being widely disseminated??

If so, I must say I am shocked in light of the recent political pressure to de-list them as game fish.

I wonder if they allocated 'Delta Enhancement' sticker fees towards funding this much-needed POSITIVE propaganda?

Regardless, I'm glad to see it~:)

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Darian...................it worked fine for me?

Can't believe the CA DF&G is promoting Catch-N-Release for Stripers???????????

Mrs.Finsallaround
09-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Darian...................it worked fine for me?

I fixed the link after Darrin posted that it didn't work.... :p

Darian
09-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks Robin,.... Interesting/beneficial info. Happy to see it on DFG's website. :D

Regardless, this type of info appearing on DFG's website is indicative of the schizophrenic(?) operations built into DFG. Conflicting goals/objectives. The right hand not knowing what the left is doing (or caring). Parts of DFG actively working to undue what another is attempting to accomplish. Administrators driven by the political values of the elected masters. Ever changing priorities. :|

DFG's staff are like everyone else. Differing opinions of how to save the environment.... Each believing their ideas are the best and adamantly opposed to the others point of view. There are people in all organizations that will actively seek to sabotage the efforts of their programs if their beliefs are strong enough (passive/aggressive personalities). Add to all of this, a lack of adequate funding for any program activities and you can see that DFG is doomed to mediocrity.... :confused:

A very sad commentary on the lack of interest in the voting public. I forget who said it first but paraphrasing, we get the government we deserve. :(

Kevin Goding
09-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Like any state organization, the real science tends to get screwed up once politics are involved.

On a side note, I tend to be rather happy with the conservative stance the Fish and Game has taken towards the really impacted fisheries and game animals. I'd rather hear people complain about no harvest/loss of work than watch us fish/hunt things into oblivion.

JerryInLodi
09-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Look at the center bottom of the front page. The flyer was printed using Stamp Funds, not regular DFG funding. The Bay/Delta Enhancement Stamp Committee designed the flyer, a colaborative effort with help from the endorsing organizations, CSPA, NCCFFF, CSBA.

The committee, headed by Jim Crenshaw, President of CSPA pushed the funding through. However, if the flyer is still being distributed it's probably from an old printing. I don't think the committee has been able to shake any money loose from the DFG fiscal unit in the last two years.