PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Kanektok

Ryan Miller
09-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Hello Kiene's Community,

I am happy to announce that I am home! I had the incredible opportunity to guide at Alaska West this summer and say with a heavy heart that I will miss that place. I suppose the only question is, "How do I pass the time until next summer?"

I am anxious to get out on our local waters and start chasing fish again.

I have uploaded a few images from the summer that barely pass and good photos and hardly tell the whole story of the summer. Regardless, still sometime to look at besides the TV.

Know that there are dead/dying fish shots...

www.NorthernWatersFlyFishing.com

Also, I will be in Kiene's with Andrew Bennett and Keith Kaneko talking about the Kanektok and other fisheries around the world: http://kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17562

Thank you and I hope you enjoy

STEELIES/26c3
09-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Welcome Home Ryan~

I've checked in on your blog while you've been away (really cool!) and I've spent about as many days on the river here as you have on the rivers up there...

You're just in time to witness the last of the 'transitional flow' from 5000+ cfs to 1000 (or less) cfs

M

Jet
09-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Ryan! Glad you made it back safe and sound.
I'm sure you'll have plenty of new stories to tell. Joey and I survived 12 days on the Kwethluk and he can't wait to get back.

Talk to you soon

Joe

Nailknot
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
good to have ya back, dude.

Terry Thomas
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Nice! Super shot of the bird (immature eagle?) soaring over the river with the mountains in the background.
T.

Ryan Miller
09-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Terry!

Thanks for the comments, and yes that was an immature Golden Eagle of all things. It is amazing how shots just come together...

I will be in Sac on Friday for the day, hope to see you. See email

Ryan

k.hanley
09-09-2009, 04:46 PM
Ryannnnnnnnn! Good to see you arrived back home safe and sound. I knew you'd love the Alaska experience. Nice going bud. Can't wait to hit the river with you and swap more stories. I suppose we could cast a fly or two if we have too!
Cheers, Ken

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
09-10-2009, 02:55 AM
Glad you're back Ryan! We'll have to hook up for a beer or something lol