PDA

View Full Version : Lewiston Lake

pvsprme
09-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Taking the TT up to Lewiston October-December (maybe Jan &Feb too, we'll see). Plan on hitting the T hard for steelhead, but I'm intrigued by the lake. I want to learn it. Heard it's making a bit of a comeback. I have two Scadden Skykomish pontoons (or 1-2 man), and am getting a Humminbird Fishing Buddy with side sonar. Really want to learn the tricks on this piece of technical tailwater. Anyone got any specific patterns to tie up? I think it'll be midges, emergers, callibaetis and if I'm lucky, October Caddis. Not really into tugging Wolly B's, want to focus on the technical work if it's there. Is a "slime line" necessary, or would a floater with a 10' clear Hover or slow sink Polyleader work? Sure would appreciate any info from those who have experience on this water in the fall and winter.

Robert

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-02-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.trinityflyshop.com/

You might ask Pat or Herb at the Trinity Fly Shop about fly fishing Lewiston Lake in the fall?

wineslob
09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
I haven't been there for probably 15 years, and diden't know there was a problem with the fish.
When I was going there the base of the dam (Trinity) was the "hot spot" when the powerhouse was running. The fish I saw there could hit 5-6 lbs+ and I think the guys flyfishing there (out in the lake) used "buggers", but things may have changed?
I still remember the impressive bow's in the river below Lewiston dam. :eek:
Realize (if the regs are the same) that fishing ends at sunset.