PDA

View Full Version : washington

troutkid
08-27-2009, 08:05 PM
hey yall-I'm going up to Seattle to look at schools here in September and was planning on bringin the rod along. I was wondering what rivers to check out around Seattle as i have never been up there. Just looking for a good 'ol trout stream. Any knowlege is good knowledge
thanks!:-o

easymends
08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Not much near Seattle for trout unfortunately, the Cedar is close but it closes the end of this month. Usually you have to head East a bit, Yakima, Rocky Ford.

If you are into fishing the salt, there are always pinks and Sea runs available in and around the Puget Sound.

Check out Washington Fly Fishing.com for more local info.

djwattswatts
08-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Het trout kid ill be in WA in Sep i now that the Snohomish river will have humpys and steelhead in the river at that time. Ill be there the last week of Sep so if you want to hook up let me know send me a private message.

PS. dont know what area you will be in but i looked up a fly shop called all about the fly its in Monroe here is that number if you like it do what you want with it 360 863 1833. Good luck with the school hunting.

WT
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Whats schools you looking at? Check out Central Washington University in Ellensburg... It's right on the yak!

I would also echo what easymends said.

troutkid
08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
so far i'm checkin out the art institute of seattle and western washington

shawn kempkes
08-28-2009, 08:40 PM

Bellingham is a great place to go to school. Its close to B.C so you can go and party on the weekends. it is close to great fishing too.

Zagdog
08-29-2009, 07:20 AM
The Skagit & Sauk rivers are close to Bellingham - Steelhead Heaven. In September, you should find searun cutthroat, a variety of salmon species & summer run steelhead.

pvsprme
08-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Eastern is a great LA & Teachers school. Some very good fishing & hunting in the area, much better than the west side of the state.
TK, summer steelhead count over Bonneville Dam has doubled the 10-year average. Approaching 500,000 fish. Do the Deschutes. Best time of year for BIG trout and steelhead. If you decide to do it, be prepared to fish above the White River (47 miles above the mouth), as it can pour silt and put off the fishing.
Lots of good water above the White.

troutkid
08-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey thanks for all the input. Yeah, the Deschutes is an amazing river full of fiesty litle suckers. The way things are working out im goin up 5 through Portland to seattle so i think i might just fish in OR. Anyone fished the MacKenzie or Willamette? They look prime

WT
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
TK - the McKenzie and willamette are both great rivers... I would check in with the caddis fly shop in Eugene to see which is fishing better the day before you plan on going or the day of... they will give you all the info you need, suggest flies, and give you maps... also check out their blog "oregon fly fishing blog"

Loren E
08-29-2009, 03:53 PM
hey troutkid, if you have any questions i was in your same position a year ago and decided on WWU, and will be headed up to start in just a couple of weeks. Caught some salmon off the beaches in the sound while i was at orientation 2 weeks ago.

-Loren

troutkid
08-29-2009, 04:32 PM
nice man! So this is going to be your first year? bet you're stoked, Bellingham looks sweet- Mt. Baker, Canada, oh and good fishing!