PDA

View Full Version : New Fly

Jay Murakoshi
08-27-2009, 04:23 PM
Here's the Hula Popper that we've been working on. The photo's don't do the fly any justice but I can say the HP really has the action. It's going out tomorrow looking for some bass.

These will be available on my site in a couple weeks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/DSC_5383.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/DSC_5366.jpg

Can't wait to try them on the Delta or at the Forebay. Yes, they do cast easy.

Jay

Frank Alessio
08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Jay.... You are a true craftsman....Frank

Scott V
08-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Super sweet Jay, I'll take a couple. You have out done yourself once again.

Ed Wahl
08-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I was just wondering about those old Hula Poppers that were always in my tackle box when I was a kid.
They were way to heavy for a fly rod though.

Nice idea Jay, those look pretty killer.

Ed

jbird
08-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Very nice Jay! What do you use to color the fly? Paint? Pens?

Jay

wjorg
08-27-2009, 07:03 PM
J Bird gets the Avatar of the year award!!!

Thank you Cameraman!!!

Darian
08-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Amen Walter....!!!! :unibrow: :unibrow:

BTW,.... Great fly Jay.....

Jay Murakoshi
08-27-2009, 09:33 PM
I'm using Pactra Aero Gloss dope. It's getting harder to find that paint in California. Then I air brush each color and used a homemade stencil for the stripes on the one fly.

I need a favor from someone in the Sacramento area. I know they have a few big hobby shops in the area. There's one right across from Kiene's. I would appreciate it if you could drop by and see if any of the shop carry Pactra Aero Gloss. It's the dope they use to use for the paper on the model planes.

I know there use to be a BIG hobby store in the south SJ area. It was located on Oakland Ave. Going east off 101

Any help would be appreciated. If it's the right stuff, I'll even drive to pick it up

Thanks

Jay

Darian
08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi Jay,.... There're 2 hobby shops on Folsom Blvd in Sacto. The first one is small but carries Aero Gloss and the other is R/C Country Hobbies. It's like the super mercado of hobbies in Sacto. I'd bet that they carry Aero Gloss products as well. Their telephone no. (916) 731-5868. I'm gonna be out that way tomorrow and will check for you. Any specific items you need???

TaylerW
08-27-2009, 10:56 PM
ill take 3 or 4 whenever you get some in

Jgoding
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
I'll be by Kiene's today and check out that hobby store for ya Jay if no one else has already.

Darian
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Jay,.... I found Aero-Gloss at Riverside Hobbies at 5141 Folsom Blvd. They have a variety of colors, thinners and sealers in larger containers. Unfortunately, they won't consider shipping as the contents of the product is a HazMat concern for the USPO. Their telephone numbers are (916) 455-3747 or (916) 455-8102.

R/C Country Hobbies is phasing out Aero-Gloss products and have very little left. They do have a bunch of other similar products if you're interested.

Jay Murakoshi
08-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Darian,

What colors did Country R/C hobbies have? And where is Riverside Hobbies. I know you gave the address but in relation to Kiene's which direction.
I know, some retailers will send it USPS and some won't. I had a bid on some paints on ebay but with 18 minutes to go, the cancelled the bid. They would've sent it Postal. I was like 97 3oz bottles.
I guess I'll have to take a drive and pick it up since they won't ship. Unless one of my wife's relatives is coming this way

Just got home from video taping the action on the Hula Girl. That's the new name since Hula Popper is a registered trade name. I'm going to be editing the tape tonight, hopefully showing the action the popper has

thanks for looking

Jay