PDA

View Full Version : Completed the CHT!

SHigSpeed
08-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Well, it's done. Got my first six California Heritage Trout. Still planning to "black out" the board, but this'll get me the lovely plaque that I've been coveting for a while now.

Left to right:

Lahontan Cutt
McCloud River _Redband_ (edit!!)
Little Kern Golden
Kern Rainbow
and Cali Golden

I left off the Yuba coastal 'bow as y'all know what those look like!

Fun adventure, but I'm tired. Been a long two day weekend of driving to finish this off.

_SHig

robdog
08-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Well, it's done. Got my first six California Heritage Trout. Still planning to "black out" the board, but this'll get me the lovely plaque that I've been coveting for a while now.

Left to right:

Lahontan Cutt
McCloud River Rainbow
Little Kern Golden
Kern Rainbow
and Cali Golden

I left off the Yuba coastal 'bow as y'all know what those look like!

Fun adventure, but I'm tired. Been a long two day weekend of driving to finish this off.

_SHig

Congrats!!!

troutbm
08-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Cool ! I thought it had to be a McCloud redband trout, not a rainbow ? Has to be takin above lakin dam. I think thats what the dam is called.

shawn kempkes
08-24-2009, 07:53 AM
congrats. Whats up with the plastic bag?

SHigSpeed
08-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Cool ! I thought it had to be a McCloud redband trout, not a rainbow ? Has to be takin above lakin dam. I think thats what the dam is called.

My bad, it is a McCloud Redband.

:oops:

_SHig

SHigSpeed
08-24-2009, 08:05 AM
congrats. Whats up with the plastic bag?

I decided to keep it for my aquarium? Just kidding... I've seen it done before to get a better (more natural?) pic, but since this fish was caught at like 8:30 and sunset was at 8:00, the flash photo kinda sucks...

_SHig

jburge
08-24-2009, 08:17 AM
_SHig, congrats! I've been wanting to complete that for a long time, but will probably have to wait until next year to finish it off. Great job!

John

Ned Morris
08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
And welcome to the club. Excellent photos by the way. Your next challenge should include the Native Redbands of Northeastern CA. Congrats.

SHigSpeed
08-24-2009, 09:50 AM
And welcome to the club. Excellent photos by the way. Your next challenge should include the Native Redbands of Northeastern CA. Congrats.

That's the plan. Warner/Goose/Eagle/Coastal Cutts is the next epic trip. Though more realistically it'll be Eagle Lake by itself, then the Warner/Goose separate, then maybe a coastal Cutt plus Steelie trip thrown in.

_SHig

Ned Morris
08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
That's the plan. Warner/Goose/Eagle/Coastal Cutts is the next epic trip. Though more realistically it'll be Eagle Lake by itself, then the Warner/Goose separate, then maybe a coastal Cutt plus Steelie trip thrown in.

_SHig

Eagle Lake fish are somewhat disappointing. You can make another long weekend with Goose Lake/Warner Lake(Basin) fish and they are really beautiful. i still wonder if there are any adfluvial fish left in Goose Lake as they used to attain HUGE sizes. DFG will count Steelhead as a different form of coastal rainbow and use Tomelleri's North Umpqua print on the certificate so definately go for it. Go up to the Smith River in late March to get a Steelhead and Coastal Cutt on the same day. Again great work!

SHigSpeed
08-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Eagle Lake fish are somewhat disappointing. You can make another long weekend with Goose Lake/Warner Lake(Basin) fish and they are really beautiful. i still wonder if there are any adfluvial fish left in Goose Lake as they used to attain HUGE sizes. DFG will count Steelhead as a different form of coastal rainbow and use Tomelleri's North Umpqua print on the certificate so definately go for it. Go up to the Smith River in late March to get a Steelhead and Coastal Cutt on the same day. Again great work!

Oooh, good to know about the steelie print! Definitely going to go for that then...

_SHig

edit: BTW, thanks for adding adfluvial to my vocabulary! Great word, and I LOVE words...