PDA

View Full Version : Look'n Good

Jay Murakoshi
08-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Times getting closer and closer. It's starting to feel like Baja. Reports are saying yellow fin have been around the Las Arenas area. Ranging in the 10 -30lb range is making October look'n real good. By October, the 30 to 50lber rod benders ought to be hungry and looking for a good meal. I can't wait but gotta find some time to tie up at least a dozen flies. The BIG pink airhead will definitely be getting chewed on. Good thing is - I'm only packing for a week instead of 13 weeks. More tackle less clothes.

I have one more spot left for the week of October 17 - 24th. I have to confirm the number of people and make payments by the middle of September. Yeah, I know that the same weekend of the Conclave. But what would you rather be doing watching fish on a screen or watching fish rip your tackle apart :-). If this October trip works out to be a barn burner, then I'll be scheduling a couple weeks in October for 2010. Retirement/slowing down, not in my vocabulary.

Darian, are you ready for the 50lb milk fish? Or how would you like a 50lb yellowfin. Either way, you'll be sweating... I'll bet on Renee catching a big YFT or a BIG milkfish

Jay

Darian
08-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Jay,.... I wouldn't count Renee out for any fish. She fishes hard for however long she's out there.... ;) I've been tying up some longer length Tuna Tux's in Black/White and have decided on a Milk Fish pattern. :nod:

I'm recovering from surgery on my left hand now. So, have to slow down for a couple of weeks. Tough to type with one hand.... :lol: :lol: I'll be back in the groove by the time we get down there. 8-)

Can't wait.... :D :D