PDA

View Full Version : E-commerce Water Transactions....

Darian
08-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Just in case you haven't been following how water transactions are conducted these days, here's a link to an article about using E-commerce for trading water worldwide:

www.globalwaterintel.com/archive/1/11/market-insight/the-evolution-of-e-water-markets.html

Still think water is held as a public trust :?: :?: :?: :?: Time to get out the charting tools for prices on water futures so I can enhance my retirement benefits.... :unibrow: :unibrow: :unibrow:

Darian
08-20-2009, 11:55 PM
I think I'm becoming obsessed with the subject of E-commerce for water.... :rolleyes: Here's another E-Commerce website to check out:

www.waterbank.com

This website isn't the same one proposed by the California DWR but a spin-off from Enron's activities in the 90's. This company is a brokerage firm for all things water, water rights and property.

This stuff probably doesn't interest you guys much but if you don't take time to understand what the other guy is doing, you're not going to be successful in advancing your own agenda; in this case, revision of current california water policy. IMHO, litigation is expensive, time consuming and risky. When you begin to understand just how much money is at stake for agri-business if they lose their current proposals for the Delta, you begin to understand how to attack their PR positions.... In the "water wars" agri-business has seized the initiative and is framing the debate. We (Delta stakeholders, fisherman, etc.) are reacting.... Not a good place to be with so much at stake.

We need to strike at direct cash subsidies and subsidized water prices, etc. Instead of people vs fish, lets frame the debate to be about big agri-business money and point out how much human damage is caused by agricultural pollution of aquifers, rivers/streams; evidenced by the fact that residential water users in small communities down there have cancer clusters thought to be caused by pollution from ag run-off. Lets not forget the industrial polutters either. How about the pollution of own (Ranchop Cordova) aquifer by Aerojet?? we need to frame the debate in our favor....

That's enough from me....