PDA

View Full Version : Finally

Jay Murakoshi
08-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I finally got my site up and running. Still a few glitches like the Bass Blast DVD cover has disappeared and the Paypal buttons are acting funny. Maybe someone out the can help me on this. When you order a fly it shows the shipping cost and when you select another item it continues to add shipping costs. This never happened on my old pages

I'm now using web.me.com and using Mobilme for my ISP. I've dropped my another account. Much easier to publish, just make the changes and hit the "publish key". No more going through an FTP.

Let me know via email if you think any thing can be changed around. I'm still working on a few items. I will be having a few new bass patterns in the coming weeks. Also working on a page for my Baja trip scheduled for October 17 - 24th.

Thanks for looking

Jay

Oh yeah, you should be able to type in www.fliesunlimited.com and get the new look "hopefully"

k.hanley
08-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Got on the site no prob. Didn't check all the links yet. The video clips ran smoothly.
Cheers, K

Darian
08-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi Jay,.... Accessed the website thru the link. Was able to navigate thru all pages but was unable to display the Fly Tying sequence for the White Knight.

The new photo's are great. Especially the one of you (?) as a youngn'.... :D :D

Jay Murakoshi
08-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks Darian, that's what I need. It'll be working by midnight.
I had another photo of me fishing with my dad - way back when

Still working on the Paypal problem

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Darian,

You'll notice I took out the Fly Tyer's Corner page. I lost the page in the change over. I'll have to redo it again and get it back up or maybe just leave that page out. I don't think that many people paid attention the subject.

What's your opinion on a section like that

Jay

john
08-19-2009, 05:56 AM
Sorry Jay. The new page comes up but won't navigate-runs "herky-jerky". 'spose it could be me.

David Lee
08-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Jay -

I hope you do put the Sea Habit step-by-step back up , I need to tie up a bunch soon .

David

k.hanley
08-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Tried the site again this morning. Like John's experience, your homepage was "jerky." The bass photo on your "About Me" page appeared to overlap the sentance below it (couldn't read the content). The "About Me" title logo on the same page appeared to be doubled (unclear).
Cheers, K

Darian
08-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Jay,.... I went to your website using the link again this AM. No Problems with display of all but the prior one I mentioned. I'm running a MacBookPro with Tiger OS. I'm wondering if the problems mentioned by others might be some kind of OS version or compatibility issue.... :?: :confused:

I really appreciate the pages with a step by step approach to tying. However, I recognize that it's a real time user and may not be worth the effort. Also, it may be counterproductive to your business. :confused: You already conduct sessions that show how to tie your patterns in person (my personal preference).... Maybe you could delay creation/development on this part until you decide to turn tying over to a contractor. :confused: Just another thing to think about.... ;) ;)

john
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Darien: In the FWIW category, I have the same problem with the Sea Level site, esp. online ordering

briansII
08-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Everything seemed to work fine for me. No herky jerky. The only thing I didn't try was the shopping cart. I even started all the videos at the same time, and they all ran.

I'd really like to see a tying section.

I'm using Windoze XP, and Firefox as a broswer.

briansII

Jay Murakoshi
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I"m working on the paypal buttons and will be putting up the Fly Tyers Corner later this week. I will also be adding a new pattern. The paypal buttons are a little tricky but I found a new procedure, hopefully it will work

As for the herky jerky movements. I think it's certain computers running certain software.
I've received a lot of emails but most say things are running smooth

Gotta take a break from this computer and do some airbrushing on some popper bodies. New poppers will also be up on my site. I'm going to take a trip to the lake and try out the newest fly. I might wear my armour plating just to keep from driving the fly into my body
Darian, I cut off the back hook on your fly. I also covered the main hook with wire insulation.
I'm glad I did, I got smacked by the fly - again

Thanks for giving me the web site input

Jay

Darian
08-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Hmmm,.... It's beginning to sound like my creation isn't a fly at all. Maybe it's a flure (combo, fly and lure....:rolleyes:)