PDA

View Full Version : Airhead?

MT
08-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Is there anyway I can see a picture of this Airhead fly? Thinking of getting back into the flyrod thing for stripes this fall. Thanks, Mike

Darian
08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Don't know where you live but the Airhead is in the inventory of almost every fly shop I've been in (around the sacramento area). If you're not from around here, call your local fly shop and ask them if they have some. Then go and take a look.... :D :D

Jgoding
08-16-2009, 09:32 PM
just google it and you can see a pic.

Charlie Gonzales
08-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Heres a picture of the 3/0 Rainbow Airhead that Mikey Weir got his 19lb'r on last year. My favorite size is the 5/0 and should be available from Umpqua soon. The charteuse/white, gray/white, and brown/white fish well also. The airhead is quite versatile and can be fished deep or on the surface. It can also be modified by inserting rattles or weights inside the head. For best results fish it with a non slip loop knot and erratic strips.

http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr262/BigValleyGuide/rainbowairhead.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-13-2010, 09:05 AM
The 'Airhead' was developed by Charles Bisharat and is being produced solely by Umpqua Feather Merchants.

There are other flies that look like the 'Airhead' but are actually put together quit differently.

The 'Airhead' is very hollow so it has a neutral buoyancy and fishes very differently than other patterns that just look similar.

Secondly, the 'Airhead' is very durable, which actually amazed me.

It is coming in more color combinations every year now.

Because Charles Bisharat is a Sacramento resident the 'Airhead' is very popular in northern California but has not been fully spread around the US or the world yet.

We have used them very successful for Stripers and Large Mouth Bass locally.

We have had great success with them in La Paz in the spring for Rooster-fish too. (#1/0 Brown/white)

They worked very well recently for our group in the Brazilian amazon drainage for peacock Bass. (Red/yellow)

Some have had good results using them for Northern Pike.

They come in lots of sizes and color combinations so anywhere fish eat other fish it should be a hit.

I see some locals here actually custom painting up Airheads to make them fit their particular needs better.

My prediction is that the Airhead will become one of the industries "standards" as time goes by.

This economy is not helping either...........