PDA

View Full Version : Any guide recommendations for Bozeman, MT?

Spin
08-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I will be spending a few days in Bozeman, Mt., in early September. First trip to the area, so I would like to use a guide for at least one day, possibly two. Any recommendations on a guide? There seems to be tons. I would like to do a float trip on the Madison or Gallatin. Not sure what all the options are.

Pete
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and make the drive to West Yellowstone - only about 90 minutes from Bozeman. I have fished through Madison River Outfitters and hired a guide name Pete out of the shop. On one trip my dad and I floated the Madison and on another trip we did a walk and wade trip throughout Yellowstone - each trip was awesome! I also know guys who have hired guides through Blue Ribbon Fly Shop in West Yellowstone and they too really enjoyed their respective trips. Yellowstone in the fall is magical. The elk are bugling, the buffalo are on the move, the aspens are in changing color, and the browns are slamming soft hackles on the Firehole River - can't beat it.

Enjoy your trip - my dad and I will be back there next fall.

huntindog
08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
you will be there at an awesome time. fewer people, bigger fish, cool temps, i am jealous. I lived in Bozeman for awhile while I told my parents I was in college :eek: I have referred several friend to the rivers edge fly shop and they have all done well. They will certainly be able to hook you up on the madison or the gallatin...in september i would HIGHLY recomend a trip on the lower madison or the yellowstone...big, hungry angry browns....Have fun and post pics..I am jealous

http://www.theriversedge.com/

Spin
08-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks. I will check those out. I am really looking forward to this little trip.