PDA

View Full Version : Compter ******

Jay Murakoshi
08-10-2009, 10:18 AM
OK, here's a strange situation.... I know - it's the operator
But I've been working on my web site trying to get some pages updated and low and behold something has screwed up. Now I know there's a few Mac people out there and Bill told me that Gregg and Keith are guru's at this. So here's my problem/situation

1. I've updated my Home page, baja page and events page. I've been using the iDisk icon, since I'm away from home a lot and can work on the site through iDisk. At one time, I had the correct pages live and working. But somehow it converted back to the old site.

2. I was talking to the Apple people on the phone this morning and while I was working with my iMac, I had my laptop running and working on the site. I decided to shut it down to see what would happen. When I rebooted the computer, my site came up. The Home page and the Baja Page were correct. The events page didn't show the update "2010". But now, get this.
It only corrected on my lap top and not the iMac desk top. But the update "2010" shows on the iMac. This is strange but now it looks like my "events" page is really screwed up.

On my laptop it's showing - http://www.fliesunlimited.com/site/home.html
On the iMac it shows http://www.fliesunlimited.com/Home.html

I'm also getting errors in a window showing:

there is an iDisk sync conflict.
One box shows "this computer/domain modified Aug. 10 - size 22.52MB
Another box to the right shows MobileMe/Domain Aug. 10 - size 3.16MB

I also want to transfer everything from my ISP Omnis to MobileMe and iWeb... Has anyone ever done this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - via email.. Don't want to clutter Bill's site.

I would also like to have a few people try the www.fliesunlimited and see what pops up on your computer - the old or the new. Also see if web.me.com/flyfishing3/site is working.
For some it works for others - nada

Thanks a lot for the help

jay

Darian
08-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi Jay,.... I was able to access your old URL: www.fliesunlimited.com/ and the new one: //web.me.com/flyfishing3/Site/Home.html . Didn't try to navigate around in either of them but was able to view the home pages.

Can't help you with the rest, tho. The dual URLs must be why there's a confilct with "syncing".... How about scheduling some time with the Apple folks at one of the stores????