PDA

View Full Version : My new life

OregonSalmon
08-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Ah the good old days of being a batchlor: slugging down beers faster than Carl Lewis in the 100 meters, "dating" women that had definatly been counseled by Dr. Brittany Spears, cooking for just me, cleaning for just me, walking around naked, stepping on hooks (O.K. that was not a good part), but just being able to a guy. Then the good life came crashing down. After witholding rent for five months the slumlord dun' git' smartered up and some guy in a uniform handed me some papers. I thanked him and began to toss my belongings in any cardboard I could find. Once again, the Good Lord and Oregon rental law had seen fit to kick me to the curb. <sniff>
My options were limited. One was Sacramento which was behind buying some real sharp knives and dating Lorna Bobbit. Many other options didn't stick to the wall until I talked to my buddy in Astoria. "Hey, come on up, we have the whole basement, the "man cave" for you". How could I turn down sub-terrianin living. I LOVE IT!!!! I'm part groundhog. Every Feb.2'th, when awakened and I don't stumble over a bunch of beer cans there will be four more hours of sobriety. Ouch. But the rocks come with the farm, the rocks being three kids: two and a half male, nine year old male, and a twelve year old female. This is the part where I refer to the "good old days" <sniff>. The little kid does not communicate well nor do I find his dressing combinations insightful. The nine year old boy is my private Bart Simpson. That show is not fictional I tell ya!!! The line between wanting to teach and murder is very thin. The girl refers to me as her butler and makes up a new name for me each day. Even went out and bought a bell. "Oh Bently.........
Although my mind feels like that of the Hal2000 lately (Dave, what are you doing Dave.....Daisy, daisy.....) I like the challenge. But like a Dubya speech, it gets worse: now they are importing children to break my spirit. They found some Japanese kids just to do that. Damn the foreign exchange student program!!!! DAMN IT TO HELL!!! Only one has showed up yet who speaks to me in Japanese and laughs (that can't be good, have to believe I'm the butt of the joke) but in two days twelve more will invade my bunker. Even a stubborn drunken Irishman knows when to retreat and retreat I will!!! The ghost of my great grandfather came to me the other night and said "although it is a cowardly move lad, for once in one hundred and seventy two years, a Quinn has shown the slightest bit of good judgement thus our clan has been redeemed". He did have some negative comments on my hygine but all in all it was a good visit.
Fish report: lots of coho. Not in the Columbia yet but this year I'm going to see if I can't fool them on flies. Now I'm thinking of another way to tie these so they roll like a herring. It's either cleaning the kitchen for the umpteenth time today or getting creative. Any bets on what I'm going to do boys?

---"early to bed, early to rise, some dumb sum-beach gotta tie them flies--- Galen Franklin

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Great Geller.....your still alive and well?

Hope to get up there someday soon?