PDA

View Full Version : Boats Ordered Out of Folsom Lake...

Mrs.Finsallaround
08-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Boats Ordered Out Of Folsom Lake Marina
Hundreds of boats must be removed from Folsom Lake Marina because the water
level is dropping faster than expected, an official says.

MORE DETAILS: <http://www.kcra.com/tu/5IMlN7dJ6.html>
================================================== ==========

:roll: Good grief.... and they've been letting out the water like it was going to flood.

I really wish these people would think this stuff through before acting. The American will be at 4,000 CFS as of 3:00 am tomorrow.... ](*,)

Phil Synhorst
08-04-2009, 08:59 AM
I really wish these people would think this stuff through before acting. The American will be at 4,000 CFS as of 3:00 am tomorrow.... ](*,)

:mad::mad: Unfortunately Robin, they do.

Frank Alessio
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
If you check History on CDEC you will probably find last years flows around this time were between 800cfs and 1200cfs.... What a difference this year... It is hard work for people to create a DROUGHT but I guess someone has to do it.....Frank

wjorg
08-04-2009, 09:54 AM
If they send all the water to Southern California, they can artificially create a drought in the reservoirs, and justify building more reservoirs?

Darian
08-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry guys,.... There's an agreement to manage the lake level in affect between BuRec and the Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency (SAFCO). This agreement requires the lake level to be maintained at 50% of capacity in any year in which inflows fill it beyond that point. So, that's why there's high flows on the American River during non-drought years. BTW, this agreement has been in affect prior to and for the last 25 years. It was recently renewed for what length of time :question: :question: :question:

As far as I know, this agreement only applies to Folsom Dam/lake. :cool:

troutbm
08-04-2009, 06:45 PM
The drought dosen't exist. The fact is theres too many people in this state for the amount of water. Hello Arnold, Whens the last time this guys been up to the sierras ? All the rivers are in prime shape that I have seen and its august for god sake. But I do beleive large releases from valley reservoirs are a very good thing for the overall health of the bay/delta system. If it was up to me folsom lake wouldn't even exist.

Ed Wahl
08-04-2009, 07:01 PM
If it was up to me folsom lake wouldn't even exist.

C'mon Robert, you can't mean that.

Why, if it weren't for Folsom Lake, all the foothill streams up to about 4000 ft would be infested with those lousy Steelhead and Salmon.:unibrow:;)

TaylerW
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
yea this is good for me!!! it got me a job!!! come down to the browns ravine marina and say hi!!