PDA

View Full Version : I love Oregon...

Mike R
08-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I went online to buy a license for an upcoming trip to Oregon and had a little trouble logging into their online license sales system. So I emailed their help person and I'm thinking to myself that "Okay, I'll have to figure out another way to get a license because I will never hear from them." This is a natural response for a Californian. BUT!!! No more than five minutes later, a real live person emails me, and, after a few more emails over the course of 15 minutes, the problem is solved and I have my license.

Could you ever imagine this in California? We should try this with the new online license sales here.

Take that Arnold!!!! Go Ducks!!!!

medfly
08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
cool. where you headed?

troutbm
08-04-2009, 07:10 AM
And you never even have to pump your own gas. Actually i hate california and am considering Oregon.

jbird
08-04-2009, 07:36 AM
HA! Get this, if you blow a tire in oregon ODOT will stop and put your spare tire on for you! Try getting a "to serve" cop in california to do that!

You most likely wont have to wait that long...lots of good samaritans up here :-)

Scott V
08-04-2009, 07:51 AM
HA! Get this, if you blow a tire in oregon ODOT will stop and put your spare tire on for you! Try getting a "to serve" cop in california to do that!

Actually California DOT does have vehicle on the highways that are free of use that will assist you if you have a flat tire or need gas or any other vehicles issues. I can not remember the name but you do see them around on occasions.

mikel
08-04-2009, 08:08 AM
But California has more of so many things than Oregon...

People
Litter
Crime
Gangs
Fishing pressure
Demand for water
Useless legislators
Debt

the list just goes on and on

wjorg
08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
......now if Oregon would only stop clearcutting.........

....and before you call me a tree hugger, be aware, I used to cut trees down for a living...

Fochetti
08-05-2009, 12:47 AM
I don't know why we did not go to the online system long ago, I bought a license last year for the first time in Oregon and it was so simple. The best part is once our in the system you are in their permanently, and if you lose it you simply go anywhere they sell licenses and they print you out another free of charge. I like it...