PDA

View Full Version : got a full tank of gas and im feelin adventurous

TaylerW
08-01-2009, 09:52 PM
whats going good? im thinking of taking a couple days and just goin somewhere ive never been. within 200 miles of sac

any ideas??

Ed Wahl
08-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Go high bud, go high. While the valley swelters the high country is prime.

Pick any high pass, the farther south you go the higher the passes are, and just start walking and fishing.

Every piece of water you see, no matter how small, will have trout in it.

Ed

Darian
08-01-2009, 11:31 PM
Or,.... Take a trip down to the ocean to see what the surf zone offers. Foggy and cool down there.... :smirk:

troutbm
08-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Ed Wahl stated it perfectly. Dude its prime high sierra time, Get a map, gas up the car and just go till you find something. Find a blue line and start walking.

TaylerW
08-02-2009, 08:34 PM
i think im going to hit the eastern sierras, just need to find somewhere to start

Darrin.Deel
08-02-2009, 10:16 PM
hot creek dude

SLOwag
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
i think im going to hit the eastern sierras, just need to find somewhere to start

I just got back yesterday. I mostly skipped Hot Creek due to the crowds...went to the upper O above the bridge in search of carnivores with a streamer. A five foot sink tip and a heavy black cone head wool bugger and you're set. I don't know if other colors worked because the only time I changed the fly was when it unraveled on the hook. You do have to manage for the floating vegetation coming downstream but you can feel it collect on your hook and most often a vigorous strip sheds the weeds. The weather was awesome.