PDA

View Full Version : Buy CA fishing license online - finally.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-28-2009, 09:04 AM
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols/intro.html

Frank Alessio
07-28-2009, 04:30 PM
After you turn 62 the Lifetime Hunting and Fishing is a good deal. I bought mine and they made me show my I.D. No Joke.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks Frank...I'm 64...yahooo

rtb215
07-29-2009, 12:11 AM
I bought my life time license this year. The DFG rep that processed my paper work said that license fees will go up about 5% each year. I think that in about 8 or 9 years from now it will have paid for itself. Also, if you do have a Ca lifetime license and you move to another state, you will still be issued a new license every year and will not be charged for an out of state license.

bonish
07-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Purchased my lifetime license in 1998 and it's already paid itself off.

I do wonder why they need to send you a new license each year. Why can't they just issue a credit card or driver's license-type deal and note the appropriate stamps on that? Of course, the punch cards do have to be sent in......

Dabalone
07-29-2009, 09:09 AM

I do wonder why they need to send you a new license each year. Why can't they just issue a credit card or driver's license-type deal and note the appropriate stamps on that? Of course, the punch cards do have to be sent in......

Because, its too simple of an idea that would work, probably create less paperwork and save a little money for the state. If they kept coming up with solutions which saved time and money we would need far fewer of them, they know that.

Scott V
07-29-2009, 09:21 AM

As you have noticed, license color changes each year making it easier for a warden to see if you are holding the currnent license from a distance. If you had a credit card type license the warden would have to come up to you every time to physically check to see if your license is real or not. It is a matter of logistics I believe.

Darian
07-29-2009, 09:51 AM
I tend to think that DFG hasn't gone to a permanent type of card because they just haven't thought of it yet. As a funny sign I used to see says, "when you're up to your a__ in gators, its difficult to remember that the objective was to drain the swamp." :unibrow: Of course, one of us could always suggest that idea to them.... :-s

Scott, I know it's necessary to check for a regular license and it's necessary to display/wear the license to check visually but might it be possible to assign lifetime licenses a single color (white for example) :?: :?: Maybe that's something that could be suggested as well.... :confused: :confused: DFG probably doesn't have the staff to evaluate and implement either of these, tho. :(

Larry S
07-29-2009, 11:54 AM
What's to keep one from carrying around the "color of the year" paper in one's license
holder and forego the license purchase. Any warden doing a serious check still must
inspect the "license" up close. I remember reading an interview with a DFG official
several years ago in the California Flyfisher Magazine. He as much as admitted that the
new (at that time) requirement of wearing/displaying one's fishing license was to generate
increased license sales.
Hunters are no longer required to wear licenses.
Larry S
San Diego

bonish
07-30-2009, 12:05 AM
As you have noticed, license color changes each year .

Not for lifetime licenses. Every year, it's white.