PDA

View Full Version : Any Caples, Silver, or Red Lake reports?

Scott V
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
I plan on going to one of these lakes this weekend with the float tube and was wondering if anyone has heard any reports.

Thanks

SHigSpeed
07-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Just the one in the Bee that said they're still pulling hogs out of Caples.

I'd love to know how Red is fishing though.

_SHig

Scott V
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I could give a full better report if I had some way of caring more than one or two rods on my float tube.....hint hint :D

Hector Lopez
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I just went last Saturday and Caples fished very well on a float tube! I got there around 9:30a.m. and fished a clear 1 sink line with a small olive bugger and got several grabs but started hammering them when I added a small midge dropper. It was the first time I had fished the lake and I loved it! I'm going to try to make it again next month and I would recommend you go to it if you have a chance.

SHigSpeed
07-23-2009, 10:45 PM
I could give a full better report if I had some way of caring more than one or two rods on my float tube.....hint hint :D

<lol> Development is 90% completed. Fabrication is 50%. My wife is out of town for a week starting today so I'm working half days so I should be able to accomplish my mission very soon! :)

_SHig

SHigSpeed
07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I just went last Saturday and Caples fished very well on a float tube! I got there around 9:30a.m. and fished a clear 1 sink line with a small olive bugger and got several grabs but started hammering them when I added a small midge dropper. It was the first time I had fished the lake and I loved it! I'm going to try to make it again next month and I would recommend you go to it if you have a chance.

So they were hitting the midge behind the bugger? Interesting...

Typical DFG planters and small brookies/browns or the out of state hogs? :)

_SHig

Jeff C.
07-24-2009, 07:21 AM
Hey Scott V.!

I'm going to be at Brookie Heaven tomorrow. I'm heading up in the morning. I plan to fish in the morning, snowboard in the afternoon and fish the evening bite. I'm campng overnight near the bridge.

Jeff C.

Scott V
07-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey Scott V.!

I'm going to be at Brookie Heaven tomorrow. I'm heading up in the morning. I plan to fish in the morning, snowboard in the afternoon and fish the evening bite. I'm campng overnight near the bridge.

Jeff C.

I might come visit you after I go to Caples, I was planning to fish the Silverfork but I'll come and hang out with you in the afternoon.

Scott V
07-24-2009, 07:35 AM

Thanks for the info Hector, which area were you fishing, I have been told the best section for a tube is by the dam when you first come to the lake while driving up 88. But then I almost always see fish rising on the far end as you are passing the lake.