PDA

View Full Version : Butt Valley

wineslob
07-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm going on a "small" vacation to Butt tomorrow through mon-tue. Donno if there's any Hex left, but I mostly top water there anyway. I'll bring the 6wt just in case.
The powerhouse should be running with the heat wer'e having, so my hope is there will be pond smelt coming down. [-o<

I'll report back.

wineslob
07-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Well, got back last night, and cranked the AC in the house. There wasen't enough beer for the darned heat we had been enduring.

The Hex was still going, though by Sun night it had tapered off to almost nothing. I saw a few guys fly fishing with them, but the strikes looked pretty far-between.
Top water was the same way, the fish being very picky, probably from the fact that the powerhouse had only been running a few days according to some locals.
I tried the usual, fishing at night with Rebels, Pinns, any kind of minnow imitation. No go.
I finally tried early in the morning..............................bingo! I had a couple of fish straighten out hooks, and one broke off 8 lb line. I finally landed a 5 lb 'bow, which became Sunday nights dinner. =P~ Unfortunately it was the only fish (trout) landed (carp don't count). The next couple of mornings they became very picky, yet again. :angry:
Still, it was fun, and I'm going back next week to give it another shot.